• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jimalberta

Jimalberta

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi all,I got an email from these guys offering me a great membership at half price . He pretty well guarantees 50percent off at 250,000 rv parks. I am assuming another scam business or is it legit?
Jim

....JIM and LINDA..He..retired Refrigeration , Heating and A/C tech for 44 years and counting. she ...retired bookkeeper.....2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.
IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

#2 RBH

RBH

• Validated Members
  • 342 posts
  • SKP#:84675

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hi all,I got an email from these guys offering me a great membership at half price . He pretty well guarantees 50percent off at 250,000 rv parks. I am assuming another scam business or is it legit?
Jim

I think that was the name of the company talked about in the weekly RV travel newsletter published by Chuck Woodbury. If it's the same company, its a total scam. None of the listed parks ever heard of them.
Rich

#3 Jim n Sue

Jim n Sue

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1177 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info Rich, I have been getting the same emails for quite awhile. They are quite persistentPosted Image
Jim Spence
2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB
BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans
34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

#4 HamRad

HamRad

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Jimalberta,
There was a thread just a few weeks ago about this very issue. If I remember correctly the consensus was that it was not a very good deal and it is NOT associated with the Escapees organization even though the name may try to take advantage of a similar name. Good luck. Dennis
Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

#5 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

The first thing that is not true is the number of RV parks, as I would bet you that there are not 250,000 RV parks in all of the US & Canada! If you want a real bargain in half price camping, check out the Passport America and if you want another then look at Hapy Campers. Both of those have been around for years and both are legit. We have had Passport America for 15 years.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg