Washer/dryer in the slide out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 jpainter

jpainter

• Validated Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

If you have a washing machine installed in your slide out and you have a drip pan under it, where do you have the drip pan drain exiting? Straight out the bottom, out the side of the slide, or through the exterior wall?
Thanks, jpainter

#2 jblscooper

jblscooper

• Validated Members
  • 329 posts
  • SKP#:32353

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Never heard of a W/D in a slide...

Jim

#3 Mike and Claudia

Mike and Claudia

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 672 posts
  • SKP#:17783

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

The normal combination washer/dryer combinations I have seen tend to shake-rattle-and-roll considerably. It is bad enough in the main part of the rig, but, I think, would be worse in a slide-out. Posted Image
Traveling America in "God's Grace"

#4 jpainter

jpainter

• Validated Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yep, very common in the newer FW slides from many manufacturers. There are lots of folks that have the w/d in the slide in our Carriage Club, but no one seems to have had the drip pan installed when the washer was installed, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had.

Posted Image

Never heard of a W/D in a slide...

Jim

Edited by jpainter, 09 September 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#5 Barbaraok

Barbaraok

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 7490 posts
  • SKP#:90761

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Problems waiting to happen, engineering by someone who does't RV. Sure wouldn't buy one.
Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
Full-timimg with our cat Shadow (16 yrs old)
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2004 Subaru Forester toad (Mischief)
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

#6 Fat Boy

Fat Boy

• All Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

although its probably a good idea to have a pan under the washer I really have never seen one in a RV. I have a combo with no pan but I am not too concerned because it uses so little water. I would guess the best place to drain would be straight down if possible

#7 Woodchuck

Woodchuck

• Validated Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yep, very common in the newer FW slides from many manufacturers. There are lots of folks that have the w/d in the slide in our Carriage Club, but no one seems to have had the drip pan installed when the washer was installed, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had.

Posted Image

What a great design! Straight down for the drain on the overflow pan used only with the slide out is my vote. Of course if you travel on the left coast, you might want to disguise it, as the endangered blind spider could possibly get wet.
A RV is safe under a roof, but that is not what an RV is made for.