adept99

Are the Cab Air Bags adjustable? Truck is very comfortable motoring down the road, but in moderate to higher speed curves, the body roll seems excessive. I know the bags were replaced by the previous owner, but I wonder if the bag inflation pressure is correct or maybe has leaked off over the last year or so.

Thoughts??

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

No adjustment that I know of, and even with some leakage the pressure should stay pretty steady. As the DW always says, "Those yellow signs on curves? They mean you!"

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

The cab air bags work on the "level sensor" principle, just like the rear suspension. Pressure depends on how much weight you have in the cab, to hold a certain height. The only improvement I could see would be to move them out to the edges of the cab--but that would be a big job approached cautiously! Oh, and take all those heavy cans of (Insert favorite beverage here) off the top bunk and put them on the floor!

I do understand what you are saying--I've wondered how one could put a "roll bar" on the cab before!

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

I agree with Jeff on the placement of weight. Any added weight up high will increase body roll. These things are already tall, especially the 770/780 series, or any other double bunk cabs.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I've noticed on ours, that there was more body roll than I'm used too. As soon as I started to paying a little more attention to those little yellow signs, the issue went away. Especially up in the hill country of Texas. It's sometimes hard to remember what we're driving sometimes as comfortable as the trucks are.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

The shocks may need replaced they dampen the roll and bounce just like suspension shocks.there at the back of cab near the air bags.

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

1. These things are tall and roll more than anything (lower) you are accustomed to.

2. Don't chase it with the steering wheel, you gonna make it worse, it will come back to neutral "without help".

3. If it's "really, really" excessive the cab shocks could be bad, or

4. Your panhard rod (the "dogbone over the axle) might have worn rubber bushings and needs replacement.

I know the cab shocks were replaced at the same time as the air bags, 2-3 years with <10K miles on them. I drive one of two tri-axle dump trucks part time to keep me off the streets. One is a big 'ol stiff Mack, the other is a converted freightliner road tractor. Before anyone says "they aren't comparable", the Mack was doing this body roll thing & I found a couple of worn bushings and a broken spring leaf on the driver's side. The freightliner still has the single frame with heavy springs, but it doesn't roll much at all.

I usually don't try to "catch it" unless it's half in the other lane and the other oncoming truck is bigger than me...

Panhard bar bears looking into.

Thanks for the responses.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived