2015 East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

Dan,

You can only go out with us if you have the different colored crocks ;).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New update on the ECR schedule. David Dixon will be presenting on Truck Conversions and Bed Lighting requirements. David is known as NukeE on the forum and those that know him will recognize that he is imminently qualified to give a great

discussion on these topics.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

February update. 23 attendees so far with more in the decision making process. Sorry, some folks have signed up that I am not sure of their forum names. If they wish to post here or pm me I will update the document. Getting closer everyday.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Carl, what is the count up to now? Any word on the conditions at Deer Run?

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Count is 24 now. We will have some stragglers as things get closer. Was in touch with Kim. They were without electricity for a week but have it back now. Lost about a hundred trees that uprooted but thankfully no property or personal damage or injuries. Roads and sites are clear so we should be good. May take my chain saw and help her clear a little bit and put the wood at 336. Wasn't going to get my hopes up too high but she had already begun surveying and staking for a new pavilion that would be in the back loop and would be ready for our rally. However the site took a hit and with the other urgencies, now on a back burner.

Are you guys thinking of reconsidering? New games and challenges :). Not that far from Crossville to Alaska.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

No we're not planning to come east from Texas. We are heading out to Arizona to chase down Vern & Chris. Just wanted to know how things were developing. We'll miss the fun. We've really enjoyed our three trips to Crossville for the ECR.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

I sure wish I had the time to make it out to the ECR.........maybe some of the EC people should come out to the WCR. ;)

We also would like to come out, but as Hone says, someday (sigh).

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

My wife, Deb, and I will be attending. We signed up a couple of weeks ago. We went last year and stayed in one of the cabins. We were looking at ideas for converting our Freightliner. Then some guy stopped by and wanted to buy it for commercial towing. After seeing some of the rigs last year we wished we had bought a Volvo, mostly for the creature comforts and auto-shift. We sold the Freightliner and bought one listed on this forum from Seamo.

See you there!!

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Dustin,

We will be pulling in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday as well. I have an overseas trip and leave for that on Tuesday morning. Shouldn't be hard to spot my little 4 door baby truck among the big boys...

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Dustin, David, Several of us will already be there so you will get to meet some of us. Most people are coming in on Saturday so you will get to see the rigs in all their glory. We do have a meet & greet happy hour Saturday evening so the majority of folks will be present. Look forward to seeing you.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Dustin,

We will be pulling in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday as well. I have an overseas trip and leave for that on Tuesday morning. Shouldn't be hard to spot my little 4 door baby truck among the big boys...

Hahahaha LOL... baby truck!!!!!, my first HDT rally I had my F250...I can still hear the ladies as they walked by saying..."and that ladies is a little girly truck" hahahah. Great group of peeps!!!!!

Phoenix,

Glad you're gonna make it. Wouldn't be the same without you. We like Hampton Inns or Holiday Inn Express. Here is a link. Is Daveena and her mom coming?http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/tennessee/hampton-inn-crossville-CSVTNHX/index.html

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Phoenix;

Maybe you could just pack up a small swimming pool, bring that, and maybe that would ward off the cold weather!

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Bill, thanks for the offer, I "moteled" in Jay's 780 couple Rallies ago in Kansas when I just flew in into rally, it was grand.

The decision point is:

1. Possibility of delivering and installing an ET at the Rally. If that's the case, I will bring my 780 to the Rally

2. If not, I will drive in and "motel"

Carl, Davena and her mom will not be coming, she just turned 99 and there comes a point when such excursions are just too much.

Carl has been merciless LOL.

C'mon Bill "merciless"? Persistent maybe, but "merciless", :)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Bill, thanks for the offer, I "moteled" in Jay's 780 couple Rallies ago in Kansas when I just flew in into rally, it was grand.

The decision point is:

1. Possibility of delivering and installing an ET at the Rally. If that's the case, I will bring my 780 to the Rally

2. If not, I will drive in and "motel"

Carl, Davena and her mom will not be coming, she just turned 99 and there comes a point when such excursions are just too much.

Is there a typo? or did Ketcup get a big brother? 780??

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived