Class C Leveling

prplehearts

Does anybody who has or had a Class C motorhome ever permanently mount levels in ascertaining best level of a campsite? Where did you mount them on the cab chassis where you could visually make adjustments on the fly...so to speak? I realize there are those of you who feel "close enough" is adequate, but I would appreciate hearing from those folks who might be so inclined ,as we are ,to get close to true level for reasons besides refrigerator operation.

Thank You

We carried a small center bubble level in a compartment on the dash. We simply dropped it on a nearby flat space when parking. Ours was similar to this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Empire-1-3-8-in-Bull-Eye-Level-3604/100147382

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have not owned a class C, but did own two different class A rigs and doubt that the leveling would be much different. Our first class A didn't have a leveling system so we leveled using blocks and out second one had leveling jacks so it was much easier. In both cases I did install levels that could be viewed from the driver's seat to help in leveling up.

To start the process of mounting, I first got the RV as nearly perfectly level as I possibly could. I did this using a small torpedo level and leveled everything based upon the bottom of our RV's refrigerator. I then carefully mounted two levels, one on the dash for side to side leveling and another on the left wall for front to back leveling. I found the round levels to work but the ones like in the picture to be more easily read and used.

31YAyCAPd5L._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When in question, we use a phone app for this. We're lucky, as our middle of the coach kitchen counter, matches the middle of the coaches middle coach floor title - as far as being level.

Class C's can come, or have added, leveling systems. That makes traveling a bit easier:)!

Best to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived