MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

The Mobley uses a micro SIM that fits the Unite Explore (815s), Unite Express (779s), and Unite Pro (781s) as is, and the Unite (770s) with a micro to standard SIM adapter. The AT&T/Netgear Unites do not need to be unlocked to use them with the Mobley SIM.

The Unite Explore (815s) is the best choice at this point, since it supports the newer bands 29 & 30. The 770s does not, and I'm not sure about the Pro or Express.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just transfer the SIM. Firmware updates are happen independently of the SIM.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Off topic, but I am thinking of getting getting a Netgear DC112A Smart Cradle.  As I just bought an Explore 815s. From what I have read it will boost my cellular signal and give me a stronger internal WiFi signal.  Is this true?  I have one seller on one saying that the newer ones are better then and older DC112a.  Is this true?  The only difference I would think is the firm ware it is running.  Thanks for the tips and advice.  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Just for my info, since I haven't been following this thread much... what benefit would I get to using a Unite 815S with my Mobley SIM versus using a stock Mobley ZTE and WFRanger Go as a router?  Is this a duplication or are there definite benefits?

Thanks,

John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

24 minutes ago, John Laninga said:

Just for my info, since I haven't been following this thread much... what benefit would I get to using a Unite 815S with my Mobley SIM versus using a stock Mobley ZTE and WFRanger Go as a router?  Is this a duplication or are there definite benefits?

Thanks,

John

John, just read the page before your past asking.  It was just stated.  But in a nut shell it can work on several other bands that the Mobley can not.  Speeds are about doubled on the average.

Rynosback, all I really asked was if there were enough benefits to switch from my Mobley/WFRanger system to a Unite Explore system to spend another $130 or so on buying the Explore.  And in so doing stop using my Mobley/ranger setup.

John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

6 hours ago, John Laninga said:

Rynosback, all I really asked was if there were enough benefits to switch from my Mobley/WFRanger system to a Unite Explore system to spend another $130 or so on buying the Explore.  And in so doing stop using my Mobley/ranger setup.

John

That is a tough question as there are a ton of things that can effect cell phone signals. But in a nut shell the 850 has 6 more bands and can also broadcast in 2.4 and 5 ghz where the Mobley can not.

so in most places I would say you would see an increase in bars and speeds.  Below are the specs of the two devices.

MOBLEY

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363729&d=1512457678

UNITE EXPLORER 815s

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363737&d=1512457700

I am also glad that your wifi Ranger is working for you as mine SUCKS and was a complete waste of money.

We have two Mobley's, and a Unite Explore. In areas with good coverage, the Mobley will provide very adequate data speeds, but never perform as fast as the Unite Explore's MIMO and as mentioned alternative bands, will do. 

In marginal coverage areas, the Unite Explore is the unit we go to because it it's superior antennas. (Note: This is without using either our Cellular Amp, and or our Rooftop MobileMark MIMO antenna.)

In weak signals reas, the Unite Explore with above mentioned MobileMark Rooftop antennas leads plugged into it's ports - makes a weak signal useable. Many times, streaming useable.

In areas with a sniff of a signal, the Maximum Signal Amp allows whatever device I choose, to at least get us out to the internet for casual surfing. 

Is it worth buying and using over the Mobley? Depends greatly on your areas of travel and signal strength. If buying now, and not in a rush, I'd probably wait for a sell and grab either the Unite Explore or Nighthawk. 

$.02:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

On 12/4/2017 at 7:04 PM, John Laninga said:

John

John,

I just received my Explorer 815s.  Attached is a pic of speed test results.  The newest two are with the Explorer 815s and the others are with the Mobley.  There is a HUGE difference at least here.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363841&d=1512617412

3 minutes ago, John Laninga said:

Thanks for that speed check, looks good.  So all I do is buy the 815s, remove the SIM from my Mobley and install it in the 815s?  

==John

Yes.  I did a manual update when I first powered it up also

I got my 815S yesterday. Moved the sim and speeds at my present location is running the same or a little faster. Around 4-9Mbps.

Only problem I am having is I can't get it to connect to my WiFiRanger. It connects to my Desktop, Laptop, iPhone and iPad Air with no problem.

Even rebooting the PC or WiFiRanger doesn't help.

The ranger control panel ask for the 815S password and then goes through many Associating numbers but doesn't connect.
Then I click connect again it does the same and then says NO WPA Password or Check Password.
And the password is there in it.

The Mobley connected to the WiFiRanger for over 10 months without a problem. It's really frustrating after a few hours trying everything for it to connect.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

On 12/4/2017 at 7:04 PM, John Laninga said:

John

John, if you are not in a hurry, just buy one on EBay.  The one I just bought was from there.  Brand new with everything that came with it for $89 shipped.

5 hours ago, Biker56 said:

I got my 815S yesterday. Moved the sim and speeds at my present location is running the same or a little faster. Around 4-9Mbps.

Only problem I am having is I can't get it to connect to my WiFiRanger. It connects to my Desktop, Laptop, iPhone and iPad Air with no problem.

Even rebooting the PC or WiFiRanger doesn't help.

The ranger control panel ask for the 815S password and then goes through many Associating numbers but doesn't connect.
Then I click connect again it does the same and then says NO WPA Password or Check Password.
And the password is there in it.

The Mobley connected to the WiFiRanger for over 10 months without a problem. It's really frustrating after a few hours trying everything for it to connect.

????? I am going to call them again.  My WiFi Ranger is a piece of sh@t.  I ordered the 5ver with it.  They never installed it from the factory.  1 year later I had it installed.  It was bad.  Had it replaced a year later at N/C and still does not work.  It turns off and on for no reason.  SO GLAD that I got the Mobley as I could not rely on the junk ranger. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have optioned it.

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

My WiFi Ranger is a piece of sh@t.  I ordered the 5ver with it.  They never installed it from the factory.  1 year later I had it installed.  It was bad.  Had it replaced a year later at N/C and still does not work.  It turns off and on for no reason.  SO GLAD that I got the Mobley as I could not rely on the junk ranger.

I'm sorry that you are having difficulties with your WiFiRanger.  If the router is turning on and off for no reason it sounds as if there is a physical connection problem that may not have anything to do with the Ranger itself.  Is that the primary problem you are experiencing or are there other issues?  You said that the device was not installed at the factory; who did your installation?

Do you have any idea what firmware version you are currently running.  There have been several updates in the past year which would improve the operational performance.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you would like some assistance with your Ranger.  We would be happy to work with you to get the device working to your satisfaction.  Or, if you would prefer, we would be willing to refund what you paid for the WFR; simply forward me a copy of your order.

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

After another 2-3 hours of trying to get the 815S working with the Ranger. I put the SIM back in the Mobley.
It connected to the WiFiRanger right away.

Now I have my Echo and Dot and Netatmo weather station working again. And the 3 Smart TV's on line.
I put the 815S in a storage place. Will have a spare if the Mobley quits working.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

5 hours ago, docj said:

I'm sorry that you are having difficulties with your WiFiRanger.  If the router is turning on and off for no reason it sounds as if there is a physical connection problem that may not have anything to do with the Ranger itself.  Is that the primary problem you are experiencing or are there other issues?  You said that the device was not installed at the factory; who did your installation?

Do you have any idea what firmware version you are currently running.  There have been several updates in the past year which would improve the operational performance.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you would like some assistance with your Ranger.  We would be happy to work with you to get the device working to your satisfaction.  Or, if you would prefer, we would be willing to refund what you paid for the WFR; simply forward me a copy of your order.

Joel (AKA docj)

The first one installed was a dealer by the factory that was recommended by the manufacture.  DRV replaced it the 2nd time.

I would be glad to call you to see if we can get it working.  As I was wanting this option to help give me WiFi. 

Sending you a PM with my info.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
On 11/12/2017 at 4:53 PM, Max Signal said:

At this point the only carrier that will be using the Band 71 - 600 mhz is Tmobile .  They bought the majority of it at the last auction. The amplifier we are currently prototyping for T mobile will cover all frequencies they cover . The design of the boards currently only support 5 bands . The cost of covering more than that would greatly increase costs. Depends what frequencies Verizon is broadcasting on . 

Gord,
Any updates on when this will be out?
TMO has band 12 (700mhz), so I think it would be safe to assume that it's close enough to VZW band 13 (700mhz) to boost both of those bands. The big question is will this new amp be able to boost CDMA 1X at 800-850mhz?

For the mountain areas of the west, these are the critical bands:
band 12 (700) att, tmobile. USCC
band 13 (700) VZW
CDMA BC0 BC10 (800-850) VZW, USCC
band 71 (600) Tmobile, USCC

So basically it needs to boost from 600 through 900 mhz and life would be wonderful.

2 hours ago, AquaDawg said:

Gord,
Any updates on when this will be out?
TMO has band 12 (700mhz), so I think it would be safe to assume that it's close enough to VZW band 13 (700mhz) to boost both of those bands. The big question is will this new amp be able to boost CDMA 1X at 800-850mhz?

For the mountain areas of the west, these are the critical bands:
band 12 (700) att, tmobile. USCC
band 13 (700) VZW
CDMA BC0 BC10 (800-850) VZW, USCC
band 71 (600) Tmobile, USCC

So basically it needs to boost from 600 through 900 mhz and life would be wonderful.

Tmobile is testing prototypes as we speak  .Lots of units going back and forth as it gets tweeked to exact specs they want Ball is in their court , I sure would like them to order soon !  Lots of Money going out for us , It will be up to them on Band selection . I know prototypes they are ting all those bands.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

• 6 months later...

Update.  Still using my unit successfully.  Was in SD this summer, a CG in a valley in the Mt. Rushmore area.  No one I asked had cell reception, except for me (and those I invited to our site to connect).  We talked to many folks who were weary of walking up to the store to use the LL, or to higher ground to try to get cell reception.

I did have some trouble connecting at first (sporadic red light) at first.  Then, when by chance, the interior antenna fell off the velcro, it connected fine.  The vertical increase in separation of the antenna must have allowed the unit to use the full design power without interference.  I have roughly 18" vertical separation from the antenna bases, and about 18' horizontal.  Max Amp "mobile", which is the one for autos and shorter RV's.  Mag Mount exterior antenna, on a ~2' square ground plane.

In the fall, at a fairly close by coastal location, with fair Verizon and sketchy ATT, the same "trick", increasing the vertical separation, worked again, so I did not have to use my backup (Verizon).

I messaged Gord, and asked what antenna he suggested to put on a flag pole.  Gord suggested the marine (I prefer to not aim a yagi sine I use two carriers at times).  This should, if my summation is correct, allow for better connection (increase vertical separation, increase in outside antenna height, and in this case, increase antenna gain from 5db to 9db).  The marine antenna has a built in ground plane system, so I do not have to fashion something on the flag pole.

I will probably also setup a mount on my house roof, so I can use it in case my wired internet goes down.

---

I noted Gord's site has not been updated recently, but since he replies quickly, I was not worried.  When I was searching for the antenna, I found what must be an affiliate/dealer, geared towards marine installs, which had the antenna on sale, including free shipping.

When I bought my unit on AMZ, through a dealer, because the pricing was the same, but I get a rebate on AMZ.  It was one of the earlier units, with the blue (instead of green light).  Even though I have not bought anything directly from Gord, his support has been as good as it gets.

---

In case you have not followed the full thread, my perspective is must have connection, even if slow data, as much as possible.  Speed is great, but being connected at all is my priority.  Others have pure speed boost as their main opinion, which is great, but for cases where MaxAmp has been able to get me signal, when others cannot (close by, same CG, different amps), for my needs, MaxAmp is the clear winner, not only in specifications of minimum signal needed (others do not even claim to be as good as low signal "catching"), but in actual usage comparisons.

Dp26 - Please let us know how the new antenna works for you. And thanks for sharing your results. I like the way you found the connection 'technique', by accidentally dropping the inside antenna:)! (Assume this is the 360 radial antenna? As that is what came with my 1st of the 10 units sold, yep - Blue Light too - unit.) 

No formal update from me, but I will share again that especially in weak signal areas - the Max Signal continues to be the difference in having useable internet, or not. 

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I'll just add that my "blue light" Max Amp RV also continues to perform excellently in weak signal areas, including some where my phone detects no signal at all without it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

My interior antenna is the stock omni.  The lucky part is when it fell, it landed in such a way as to still be properly oriented! My interior antenna is not centered.  I have it on the bottom of a cabinet right over the door.  This improves signal when outside, while not hurting it noticeably when inside.  It is velcro mounted, so I can (although we never have had to) move it to a centered inside position.  Within a reasonable distance from the internal antenna, I have found no real world (not signal test, but actual connection and speed) difference by being an arms length, or 10 feet away.

My signal test is whether DW and DD have connection, and the warning tones cannot be missed!  (I have db apps, and enough experience to use and interpret db - from CB days.)

This summer, the real world comparison of a neighbor not having signal with a competing product, and me getting signal (and them borrowing my signal), affirmed what Gord has the tough job of teaching, that MaxAmp "sees" better than the competitors.  On a level field, with all playing by the current rules, max speed for any brand is the same, carrier limited, so the evidence I have seen of MaxAmp seeing at lesser signals makes it the clear winner.

Archived