Desk setup / Workstations

tollkuehn

Maybe people here work remote jobs from their rigs and would like to share their workstation setup. I am always looking for ideas on how to setup a designated area to work from.

We are currently in the market for a new (to us) rig and are looking for inspiration. We looked at a 30 foot CLass C Jayco and a 31 foot Class AThor A.C.E

Currently we have a 25 foot THor Freedom Elite and I have a setup that works but its kind of a pain to set up take down.

This is my current setup

32061885802_05648f7083_b.jpg

I'm a minimalist. My desk was simply a table top style with an IKEA desk chair which bungied to it for traveling. I used my 13" laptop with my iPhone as a hot spot. No extra monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I had a soft-side cooler bag beside my desk in which these, my iPad, plus power cords stored providing padding and some temperature control. I had a plastic shoebox holding my other desk gear that lived in a cupboard above my desk when not in use. I did have lots of 110v and 12v outlets behind my desk but they were used primarily to recharge electronics in the morning when my solar system was recharging my batteries.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

When we were looking for our rig I knew that I would be working from the road, therefore we specifically looked for floor plans that provided a good place to work. Many rigs provide one kind of desk space or another, but here's what we have - it includes a desktop tower & UPS, two monitors, printer, etc. We disconnect the Monitors & printer and set them on the couch when driving; the PC is permanently strapped to the wall & floor.

IMG_20170113_115939517-Medium.jpg

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Our trailer is for sale and has a nice desk set up. Sorry unable to get a photo on it, but you can click on the link. http://trucktrailerforsale.blogspot.com/ it about 24 photos down. Nice thing about it one can be on the computer and the other can still watch the TV.

Your link only took me to a picture of the truck you already sold.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On the given link I could view the trailer pictures, also. Try scrolling down. BTW.... the trailer looks very nice. It would be a great buy for someone. Good luck!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

This is the solution I have worked out. A roll-around kitchen island cabinet (sans wheels), Keyboard in Center drawer and a monitor support arm that lets me use the 28" 4k monitor while sitting at the desk or in my recliner (most of the time). Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 7000 keyboard works well in the drawer or on a lap table while in my recliner. It has all functions (incl: mouse control) in it.

I have used this setup for the past 6 years but just got the adjustable monitor arm for Christmas from my kids and it has made this a whole lot easier to deal with when switching places. Just flip it around and adjust height for desk use when needed.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Archived