Full-timers and buying a new MH question

I'm asking for some friends. They made a deal to trade for a used Foretravel. The financial person said the MT laws changed and they could not buy a second MH through their LLC. Is that true? If it is, that pretty well is the end of a need for one IMO.

EDIT: the dealer is located in California if that makes any difference.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

The first issue is where it is being purchased since to avoid CA taxes they will need to take possession outside of the state. Many dealers there will drive the RV just over the border and close the sale there as that is what must be done. But to take such advice from a salesman is not a good idea, particularly since the LLC is under Montanan laws. If your friend used an attorney in MT to set up the LLC, the place to go is to contact them. If they didn't use an attorney, I suggest that they contact the Bennett Law Office.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you Kirk. I don't know how they obtained the LLC information, I haven't heard from them since that conversation,my voice message was unanswered. The deal was to be completed in NV.

Bennetts advised me against setting-up an LLC for my circumstances, If my circumstances change I'll contact them again, they gained my trust.

I apologize for the time lapse. Although I have my settings to receive daily email updates to escapees threads I do not receive all, just once in a while, never did receive a notice of your reply.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived