Survived the first day of towing!

How does the gas engine behave coming down the grades? I am not familiar with towing with a gas engine but I would think that the engine can rev pretty good and generate some decent hp to slow the rig down?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

How does the gas engine behave coming down the grades? I am not familiar with towing with a gas engine but I would think that the engine can rev pretty good and generate some decent hp to slow the rig down?

The Ford was outstanding! They really make a truck that can tow. The 4.3 gears make all the difference. At the worst we got 8.9 mpg. Up hill only 35 mph but all the temps held, didn't even start to climb or get hot. I'm so impressed with that truck.

All my vehicles, I've always done a computer chip or Programmer. I think I will be doing that for this truck as well. We'll drive this until it won't tow anymore and if this truck can't do it, we'll bump up to diesel. We installed a Firestone 2550 air bag system too. I love this truck.

Chad: we are hosting at the Van Damme State Park. They've got us in the upper campground. It's Abalone season now so we have mostly divers here. Today we went into Fort Bragg for groceries. We'll be here for 5-6 months. Tough job but somebody's got to do it!!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Chad: we are hosting at the Van Damme State Park. They've got us in the upper campground. It's Abalone season now so we have mostly divers here. Today we went into Fort Bragg for groceries. We'll be here for 5-6 months. Tough job but somebody's got to do it!!

I've never been there, but we go to the Fort Bragg area once or twice a year (we only live a couple of hours away). What are the sites like at Van Damme? is there anything big enough to accommodate a 37' fiver and HDT? I can't find any pictures on a quick google search on line. We are always looking for new places to stay.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Jim,

Our Truck is a 4 WD. From all our research (I have several friends who work in the industry) said our set up will tow 15,000 lbs.

w

We're never in a hurry. We only tow about 15% of the time. I'll be looking for an auxiliary computer chip next though. Every little bit helps.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Archived