Challenge to the legality of you Domicile

If you work in a State you will be required to file taxes in that State if that State has a income tax. If you work in more than one State that has income tax you will be required to file tax return for all the States you worked in. Domicile or not.

Our primary bank is in our Domicile State of Ohio. Everything goes through that bank. We work in the State of Florida. Florida does not have a State Income tax therefore we have nothing to file for Florida. We work in no other State. The income we earn in Florida is direct deposited in our primary bank in Ohio . We of course report that as income on our Federal Income tax.. We of course pay Ohio State taxes they tax Pensions.

I would assume that most full timers have a domical somewhere, TX SD, Fla

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Nana25K,

If you haven't read the link provided by Jim2 and then referenced by Kirk you really need to. The lawyers opinion in the link goes into very good detail on what to be aware of if you spend much time in any state for an extended time.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Nana25K,

If you haven't read the link provided by Jim2 and then referenced by Kirk you really need to. The lawyers opinion in the link goes into very good detail on what to be aware of if you spend much time in any state for an extended time.

Thank you but as previously stated I have read them all and understand the issue. We personally have no problem and our arrangements have been vetted by more than one attorney. I am again just curious if anyone has had a problem, what it was and how they handled it.

Thanks for all responses but I think this thread is done

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived