Diesel engines

Still daily driving my Ford 2001 F250 CC LB 7.3 getting ready to turn over 300,000 miles. Expect to go a lot more. Lost a transmission at 190,000. Was towing an 8,200 lb trailer in Montana at the time. The xmsn was a known weakness. Now have a MH so I expect this xmsn to last a little longer this time. Really like my diesel and hopefully intend to keep it until one of us goes.

Good luck, good health and safe travels!

We looked for over 7 months and we didn't find a used diesel that didn't have lots of miles on them. More miles then we wanted for the price

that they were asking. This was in the Houston, Texas where one half of registrations are pickups. I ended up with a new 2011 F250 XLT, CC, diesel, longbed,

RWD for $39,125. Yes diesels will get lots of miles but the truck is still a pickup truck and as you roll up the miles they will have issues just like any pickup. Good Luck

Lol rvreb. I've owned Ford's and Chevy/Gmc's. I believe that the big 3 in today's towing world can do the job and it comes down more to brand liking and looks. ( a good friend of mine has a dodge and I'm not a fan ). I have a Chevy 3500 HD SRW Long bed diesel and absolutely love the way it drives, handles the 5th wheel, and the looks. The stock trailer brake and exhaust brake make descending 6% effortless. After extensive research we ordered it so we could get the color and the options we wanted and don't have to say we wish it had this or that. Man those AC seats are awesome. There seems to be a lot of people on here with older trucks with lots of miles and success. I hope to be one of those people in several years saying the same thing because we plan on keeping this one for along time.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Archived