Day 3 of living full time!

I love my photos! Good tips everyone, thanks!

It's day 10. The emotions have been all over the books. We haven't towed yet, so we're anxious. I've been up since 1 a.m., contemplating the universe (as I call it, when I can't sleep). I'm still getting used to the downsize of everything. I asked my husband if he thinks we made a mistake. He said we haven't officially hit the road yet, we've just been 'park living'.

I hope we don't regret this.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Think positive thoughts only Christine, you've come this far already so why not give it a fair crack of the whip. Don't let self doubt get the better of you, squish that little demon on your left shoulder.

Charlie is so right, replace "hope we don't" with "I KNOW we won't" in your last sentence.

If you say you can you will if you say you can't you won't either way YOU will be right.

Think positive thoughts only Christine, you've come this far already so why not give it a fair crack of the whip. Don't let self doubt get the better of you, squish that little demon on your left shoulder.

Charlie is so right, replace "hope we don't" with "I KNOW we won't" in your last sentence.

If you say you can you will if you say you can't you won't either way YOU will be right.

We will NOT regret this!! :)

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Here's a little tip for dealing with angst.

Put your mind on working out the details of your dream. It does not have to be real but it should be close to what you think you really want. The more you can keep your mind engaged in analytic effort the less distraction the angst will be for a couple of reasons.

1. Thinking about what you are trading for your present life boosts the good neuro chemicals in your brain and that translates to relaxation. The more consistently you are thinking about what you really want the better this effect is. The more you want it, the stronger the response.

2. Despite our brains having two sides, a person can only consciously engage a single thought at a time to focus on. The more targeted that focus is, the less the fears and questions can influence your body and heart. The more detail one learns to imagine the sharper that focus becomes. When you have questions, do the math. Work through the problems towards the goals in detail. Doing so will bring up many more questions so that well will never run dry. Just keep focusing on the process and I guarantee it will soften the angst a lot the better you get at doing it.

3. When you need a break, instead of letting your mind wander, imagine a scene at a place you really want to be after all this transition is over. Build it in great comforting detail and when relaxing, always start with that place. If you dont teach your "relaxing" mind to go there first, it will always try to return to the yearning and contemplation of what you feel you might be losing. So don't let it go there. Take it to your happy place(s). Start with one you think is the best and like in brainstorming, don't judge it for practicality, opportunity, rationality or cost. Just "be there" and each time you go there, flesh it out in your mind a little more.

As you travel, you will always have stuff come up that dings your angst a bit. Use these techniques to put it back in the backseat where it belongs. Those senses of fear and loss are part of the checks and balances system of yourself. You don't ever want them to be in the driver's seat with a grip on the steering wheel. You want them in the back seat where you can still hear them mention warnings and cautions and concerns, but you are still the driver, so drive fully aware and have a great journey.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

While it might be a big drastic for some, this is what worked for me.

Right after we had taken possession of 5th wheel and truck, I was were you are. I turned to Dutch and said "do you think we've made a mistake?" He turned to me and said: "Remember the mantra we have lived by since 1972. He asked "What is the very, very worst that can happen in the situation we are in"? I replied; "We could hate it". He said; "OK, if that happens, we could sell the truck and 5th wheel and make another lifestyle choice". I said; "Wow, we could lose a lot of money" to which he replied. "Remember---that's the VERY worst that could happen" That really seemed to make me feel so much better and that was 18 years ago..

We all have gone thru your feelings but it is just because you are doing something so totally different. It will be fine as long as you give things a fair chance. Relax and enjoy the adventure. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Archived