The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Sitting around the campfire last night here in Q, a discussion was had about the fact that our group is no longer the Classes of 2008 and 2009. We now have members from 2010, 2011, and 2012.

A couple of the folks from the Class of 2012 commented that they had felt hesitant to post on the Class of 2008/2009 thread because they felt like they were intruding. Because of that we decided to start a new thread - The Class-less Class. Double meaning intended for some of the group - and you know who you are!!

This year we have 20 rigs parked out here in the desert and a lot of knowledge and stories have been swapped around the campfires. We want to continue that camaraderie in the future with the Class of 2013 and beyond.

Please let me know what you think of this idea. How about the name of the thread? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the new thread.

Edited by Jim & Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it! since we are class of 2014 any opportunity to hear from others is a welcome idea. Also like the possiblity of being able to join you guys around the campfire at some point in time and already know someone, well kinda :rolleyes:

Gregg & Debbie
2009 Jayco Legacy 36RLMS
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually
Class of 2014

I like it! since we are class of 2014 any opportunity to hear from others is a welcome idea. Also like the possiblity of being able to join you guys around the campfire at some point in time and already know someone, well kinda :rolleyes:

We decided it was better to be class-less since we had so many from different years. We came up with this name a couple nights ago and figured it fit us just fine and we're sticking with it. If you have class, you probably won't fit in but if you don't, you'll feel right at home. Our Class-less Class is open to fulltimers (aka homeless folks) who live on the road and would ordinarily belong to another year of Escapees! We'll look forward to meeting you around the campfire at sometime in the future! We definitely require an initiation (you have to know how to build a campfire) and we'll honor you with a mortgage burning ceremony and graduation certificates ....

'Tis life on the road!

:D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Bill - we welcome you "oldies" also. You fit right in to the class-less.

We have no shortage of people we hang around with. Mostly the Boomers, but we definitely hang out with members of the various Classes and just had dinner with some 2006'ers we know well.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We decided it was better to be class-less since we had so many from different years. We came up with this name a couple nights ago and figured it fit us just fine and we're sticking with it. If you have class, you probably won't fit in but if you don't, you'll feel right at home. Our Class-less Class is open to fulltimers (aka homeless folks) who live on the road and would ordinarily belong to another year of Escapees! We'll look forward to meeting you around the campfire at sometime in the future! We definitely require an initiation (you have to know how to build a campfire) and we'll honor you with a mortgage burning ceremony and graduation certificates ....

'Tis life on the road!

:D

GREAT IDEA - has anyone thought to email the rest of the former "class" so they know where we have gone.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

GREAT IDEA - has anyone thought to email the rest of the former "class" so they know where we have gone.

I like this idea as well - and look forward to meeting other " new to the road " people over the next few years!!!

I am posting a note on the class of 08-09 thread to let others know to come over to the new thread

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Sounds great. And, THANK YOU ALL for making us "newbies" so welcome in this group! We have had a wonderful time, enjoyed each of you, and look forward to reconnecting down the road! We feel very blessed!

Sitting around the campfire last night here in Q, a discussion was had about the fact that our group is no longer the Classes of 2008 and 2009. We now have members from 2010, 2011, and 2012.

A couple of the folks from the Class of 2012 commented that they had felt hesitant to post on the Class of 2008/2009 thread because they felt like they were intruding. Because of that we decided to start a new thread - The Class-less Class. Double meaning intended for some of the group - and you know who you are!!

This year we have 20 rigs parked out here in the desert and a lot of knowledge and stories have been swapped around the campfires. We want to continue that camaraderie in the future with the Class of 2013 and beyond.

Please let me know what you think of this idea. How about the name of the thread? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the new thread.

Edited by tdhomestead

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

The class of 1981 was a little thin so I posted about this a while back ,I got quite a few gracious invitations to join different groups (thanks everybody).

I guess we're all RVers when you turn us upside down , fulltimers , parttimers or whatevertimers ,,, so don't sweat the class thing and just walk up and say hi! Escapees decals optional but helpful.

stay tuned

popeye

i just want to know how many glasses of cranberry juice were had before you all came up with the name!

we're loving the Keys but missing all of you!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Today we moved from La Posa South to Plomosa Rd, north of Quartzsite. Quite amazing, there are nearly as many rigs this far out and seems to be a lot more groups. There are at least 3 different groups of Escapees and that's not including us.

We were only here about 2 hours, all by ourselves in this big area, when Doug looked out the window and expressed himself on how ridiculous it was that someone was about to park right by us. Then he said - "They're SKP's" . Much cursing - alas it was Freddy and Delcie. So good to see them.

I will email the GPS co-ordinates but obviously my directions here were pretty clear, Freddy and Delcie cam right to us.

Internet is better here, not so much with the tv channels but we're working on it.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

GREAT idea!!!

Sorry we've not made there, yet -- Fannie's still on "sister duty" in SF, another week, or so (sigh;)

We promise to look you up when we get to Mesa.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

We're Class of 1996-97. Can we join you too? We don't have an oldies class. This would be great place to keep up with what folks are doing.

If you meet the criteria :rolleyes:, we'd be HAPPY to know you.

If you have class, you probably won't fit in but if you don't, you'll feel right at home. Our Class-less Class is open to fulltimers (aka homeless folks) who live on the road and would ordinarily belong to another year of Escapees! We'll look forward to meeting you around the campfire at sometime in the future! We definitely require an initiation (you have to know how to build a campfire) and we'll honor you with a mortgage burning ceremony and graduation certificates ....

See you down the road.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Lynn and I would like to thank all of the wonderful members of the newly founded "Class-less Class"! You have made us feel very welcome and we are excited to be included. Our stay here in Q with this group was just what we were hoping for. We are members of the Class of 2012 but will always consider ourselves "Class-less" first! :D

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Lynn and I would like to thank all of the wonderful members of the newly founded "Class-less Class"! You have made us feel very welcome and we are excited to be included. Our stay here in Q with this group was just what we were hoping for. We are members of the Class of 2012 but will always consider ourselves "Clueless" first! :D

We've really enjoyed meeting both of YOU!!

Moving day today and, of course, it's one of the few days it rains in Arizona.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

i just want to know how many glasses of cranberry juice were had before you all came up with the name!

we're loving the Keys but missing all of you!

Actually I think it was a combo of Cranberry juice, that Mexican mix the big "M" you love so much and of course Beer and other assorted liquids!!!!

Many names where mentioned but some said they could not move to something called the "classy class " since they no class and so the name was born or is that hatched.

We miss you guys too!!!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

I just feel lucky to have been an original member of the class of '08. Otherwise they might kick me out now that i'm snowbirding instead of fulltiming. Maybe if I keep showing up at Q every year they won't notice that? Shhhh.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I just feel lucky to have been an original member of the class of '08. Otherwise they might kick me out now that i'm snowbirding instead of fulltiming. Maybe if I keep showing up at Q every year they won't notice that? Shhhh.

Linda Sand

Silly girl. You know we have that "grandfather clause" for a reason. Or, in your case is it the "grandmother clause"? Once a classmate, always a classmate no matter what you do. We know that the time will probably come for all of us eventually. For some it's just a little earlier than others. So, there's no way around it, Linda, you are stuck with us and us with you. :D

Roger said it's kind of like being in the mob. Once in you can't get out.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Silly girl. You know we have that "grandfather clause" for a reason. Or, in your case is it the "grandmother clause"? Once a classmate, always a classmate no matter what you do. We know that the time will probably come for all of us eventually. For some it's just a little earlier than others. So, there's no way around it, Linda, you are stuck with us and us with you. :D

Roger said it's kind of like being in the mob. Once in you can't get out.

You would know Roger would reference the mob since he's from Illinois. :lol:

Looks like we'll go south on Monday and a Jeep ride this morning. We want to see everyone before we go. Not many of us left at La Posa South. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/