TSA PreCheck

Hi -

Looking for other full time RVers that have applied for and gotten approved for TSA PreCheck. Of course we like to travel in our RV the most, but there are times when we just have to fly and having Precheck would be nice.

I started to fill out the application and got to the point where they ask if my mailing address is the same as my residence and if I have lived in my residence for 5 years. Well we are residents of SD and my mail goes to a mailing service there.

How should I answer the questions and is this going to stop me from being approved as a PreCheck flyer?

thanks

-Bill

2008 Allegro Bus 40QRP

2008 Jeep Wrangler

www.wheelsunderourfeet.com

Not sure but our passports show our mail forwarding address. I was onlybtenrewing mine and I don't remember if yhatxwuestion was asked on Ron's passport application

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I was not aware that they would ask your neightors as to what kind of person you are for a TSA Precheck?

Completely unnecessary as they could simply ask me instead of bothering my neighbors and I would gladly give them a stellar report. :rolleyes::D

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Just like the news interviews. If your neighbors report that you're quiet & keep to yourself, the red flags go up

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Neighbors will report that you come and go at the drop of a hat. Not what they want to hear.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

I also got a TSA precheck with no application. I have no idea why but it sure was nice to get. On the other hand, a woman who normally had precheck got selected for deeper scrutiny anyway--apparently that do that randomly. She and her husband were very upset because they had not allowed extra time for the scrutiny even though they saw her boarding pass did not say precheck. Pay attention, people.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I think the OP is talking about a different program, one where you apply for "permanent " pre-check, after applying for it and passing the scrutiny.

There is also a random pre-check, whereby a certain amount of people get "pre-check"on a particular flight. They then are lucky enough to bypass most of the security lines, and don't have to remove shoes and jackets etc. I have been lucky enough to get it quite a few times, and also got so used to it that it sure is disappointing when I don't get it!

I don't fly often enough to bother applying for permanent status though.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Nobody is going to go visit your neighbors. They are going to do a National Agency Check. If you do not show up on it "bingo" you get the pre check request approved providing your check clears. If you do have something show up on the NAC then you might not get approved. These guys are so far behind in getting a background investigations done for real security clearances that they do not have time to play with pre check interviews.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Jo Ann and I are on the pre-check list, but one time my ticket was missing a space between my first and middle names, so of course it didn't come up on the pre-check list. I had to go through the full check, while Jo Ann went through the pre-check. The next flight had my name right, so I, too, got the short line. Computers do exactly what you tell them, NOT what you want them to do.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

late to the game, no one talks to your neighbors and they don't much care where you actually live. They will do a pretty extensive background check to determine your eligibility. Airlines and TSA were promoting pre-check for a while so some people who were registered with frequent flier programs were getting pre-check as a promotion. As I understand it, they have ended that promotion.

I have been registered with pre-check since it became available and find it to be worth the process and $85.00 fee for 5 years. We'll have to see how our government screws this up when my initial 5 years expire.

Scot

late to the game, no one talks to your neighbors and they don't much care where you actually live. They will do a pretty extensive background check to determine your eligibility. Airlines and TSA were promoting pre-check for a while so some people who were registered with frequent flier programs were getting pre-check as a promotion. As I understand it, they have ended that promotion.

I have been registered with pre-check since it became available and find it to be worth the process and $85.00 fee for 5 years. We'll have to see how our government screws this up when my initial 5 years expire.

We did not initially sign up for it. $85 is a lot to us. But now that our baggage can cost us that and more, it was possible to expense it out over several trips by taking one or two bags less or flying southwest.

I wonder how much spin this really is just to get people to pay more for the same thing. Clearly, the TSA is not any better at screening people that it was when it started and maybe it is now worse. So it comes down to ways to make money from doing nothing but reducing artificially induced inconvenience.

As travel in the world becomes riskier so does the cost.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I opted for Global Entry - a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

This program allows me to use the kiosks at international points of entry instead of standing in line.

The program also makes you eligible for TSA Pre-Check for all airlines that support it.

Global Entry costs $100 and I believe is good for 6 years.

--

Roger Wilson

Callsign: W0GER

2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40'

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I fulltime and have TSA pre check (Known Traveler Number). It was pretty easy if you have the proper ID (I used my passport). My SD mail forward address is different than the passport when I got that years ago. No problem 36 days later and received my #. If you fly enough and hate those long lines taking your shoes, jacket off and everything out of pockets, computers out of carry on then getting an x-ray more power to you.. ;)

2016 F350 DRW Supercab XLT 4x4 6.7 3:73LS 
2010 Carriage Cameo 34CK3   1,280 watt solar

Archived