Next year

Vermont in 2016

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I too am a Vermont resident and am really looking forward to it. In fact, first thing after registering at this years Escapade in Tucson, I went to the office and signed up as a volunteer for the Vermont Escapade. The Airstream Group (WBCCI) had their national rally at this same place in I believe 2001 and had over 1200 units on hand. More recently, the wife and I were there this past May for a Regional Airstream rally. I think everyone will really like the facility and more so, the State of Vermont at that time of the year.

Rick & Mary Sorensen

Molly - Boston Terrier

2016 Ford F350 DRW 6.8 L diesel

2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSDB3

Full Timers w/ SD Residency

There are several ways but many of us have done so when leaving the previous one. They usually solicit members who have attended at least one or two Escapades, but just to make sure I'll drop a note to the directors and ask them to respond to your question.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Aeoronie, for your kind offer. Kirk is correct in that staff volunteers must have attended at least one prior Escapade before signing up for the potential volunteer staff list. The list takes life at each Escapade for the following event. You can send an email with your name, email address, phone #, and SKP # to Escapade@Escapees.com and indicate your areas of interest and that you have attended a previous Escapade in the past. Your name will then be added to the potential staff list. (Escapade is blessed with a large volume of staff volunteers each year; there are normally far more volunteers than positions available)

Additionally, hundreds of volunteers participate at each Escapade by signing up at the volunteer booth upon arrival at the event. Each year almost 300 volunteer pins are awarded to Escapade volunteers on-site. Please do plan to help out in this way at the 56th Escapade that takes place July 24 - 19, 2016 at the Champlain Valley Expo Center, in Essex Junction, Vermont. We hope to see you there!

Many thanks and hugs!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Your first Escapade will usually be far busier than you can believe and finding time to volunteer for a staff position is going to keep you busy enough that you'll miss a lot that you would also enjoy. The non-staff volunteer positions are a great option for new folks and for folks that just don't want to spend as much time as needed for a staff spot away from the festivities and seminars as a staff position involves.

We started out as gate guards for a few hours per shift and found it a great way to meet people, not much guarding and a lot of chatting. Only tip is don't get the gate between the pizza delivery spot and the campground, you will be so hungry by the end of your shift... We have also some things like shuttle driver that take minimal physical ability but are another great way to meet folks.

Once you have been to one or two then ask about a staff position, use your previous Escapades to see what is available and meet the folks doing it. A conversation with them is the best possible way to see if the position and your abilities and interests match up.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I intend on signing up for the 2016 Escapade as soon as reservations are open. I will concentrate on learning all about the Escapade and Escapees for my first one. I am looking forward to meeting many of you! Thank you again for all your help and advice!

Traveling with Shadow and his rubber chicken.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Aeoronie, for your kind offer. Kirk is correct in that staff volunteers must have attended at least one prior Escapade before signing up for the potential volunteer staff list. The list takes life at each Escapade for the following event. You can send an email with your name, email address, phone #, and SKP # to Escapade@Escapees.com and indicate your areas of interest and that you have attended a previous Escapade in the past. Your name will then be added to the potential staff list. (Escapade is blessed with a large volume of staff volunteers each year; there are normally far more volunteers than positions available)

Additionally, hundreds of volunteers participate at each Escapade by signing up at the volunteer booth upon arrival at the event. Each year almost 300 volunteer pins are awarded to Escapade volunteers on-site. Please do plan to help out in this way at the 56th Escapade that takes place July 24 - 19, 2016 at the Champlain Valley Expo Center, in Essex Junction, Vermont. We hope to see you there!

Many thanks and hugs!

Molly & Bob

HI Bob and Molly

If a professional traveling RV oriented vendor would like to participate as a vendor in VT,

What would the procedure be and what qualifications would be important to be invited?

Dave O

If a professional traveling RV oriented vendor would like to participate as a vendor in VT, .......What would the procedure be and what qualifications would be important to be invited?

I talked with Bob and he asked me to let you know have interested vendor contact: Bob Pinner, at bpinner25@gmail and request they be added to the vendor Escapade information list. Information will be available towards the end of August”.

Glad to help Dave. Bob & Molly keep pretty busy between trying to be fulltimers and Escapade directors at the same time. They are currently traveling and taking a little time off.

Will you be in Vermont next year?

When and where does one register for the 2016 Escapade? I don't see a spot on the Escapee web site other than the dates and program guide. We are new members and this would be our first Escapade. We've lived in NC for for 23 years, but I'm originally from Plattsburgh, NY right across Lake Champlain from Essex, VT where the Escapade will be held. It is a beautiful part of the country.

Thanks,

Mark

Archived