DVR for Dish

If you take one of the existing 722's with you in the RV, there will be no additional cost at all. If you add another 722 for the RV, then yes, you'll pay the additional receiver fee. You do not need a 211 to change your service address as you move around to get the area locals. The changes can be made with a phone call at each location, but I've found the Dish customer service chat system to be more efficient. I use a pre-written script with the new service address info, and just copy & paste it into the chat window. When the locals change to your current location, if anyone tries to the view the locals on your other 722 back home, they will not get them unless your home happens to still be within the spot beam pattern.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

This is what I use Have you account number and pin number ready.

"I am an RVer and have just move to a new location. I need to change my Service Address (only) to 5616 Prairie's Edge Ln, Granite Falls MN 56241 and have the Locals changed to that location. Leave the Billing Address as it is."

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Dutch -Thanks a lot!

What kind of info do they want? Do they need an exact address? Will a zip code work?

Can I get a copy of your script for the chat?

Thanks - Bill

I change my service address pretty regularly. I've tried doing it with just a zip code, doesn't work. They require a legitimate physical address which is in their source database. I even gave them my campsite number once and they said that someone was already using that address. Now, I will make up a campsite number which is higher than any actual campsite number where I'm staying.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I have a 722, too. I had a single Kingdome in motion system which did not play well with the 2 tuners. I liked the idea of in motion (I listen to XM radio while we drive). I didn't want to spend $1200 for a Travl'r so I looked around for a used Kingdome like the one I have. With 2 of them on the roof, the 722 behaves itself pretty much most of the time. When necessary, I also have a 1000.2 dish on a TV4RV tripod. When in practice, I can dial it in in about 10 minutes.

Hard drives can take a lot more than most people think. I have a desktop computer that is on all the time. It has 2 physical drives in it that have gone to Alaska and back while running while driving. My 722 is always on, moving or not. I haven't had a single failure. Go ahead and use a Hopper or other DVR. Don't worry about the hard drives.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

Dutch -Thanks a lot!

What kind of info do they want? Do they need an exact address? Will a zip code work?

Can I get a copy of your script for the chat?

Thanks - Bill

Sorry for the delay, Bill, it's been a busy day...

Dish will want your account or phone number, plus your PIN when you sign in to the chat service. And the new service address when a CSR connects to your chat request.

The script I use, edited for my current location of course, is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

This account is for my RV, and my SERVICE location has changed.

My BILLING address has NOT changed.

Please change my SERVICE address only to:

4602 County Road 673 #199

Bushnell, FL 33513

and update my program guide.

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "#199" is the site number.

Dutch

So how can I get hold of a Hopper. Dish said they won't sell me one or support it because the bouncing can damage the hard drive... Plus we will not have a earthbound home in the near future....

they refered me to one of there authorized retailers where you can buy one outright or you can look on e bay but have the seller send you the receiver id and serial number to make sure theres no money owed on it and that it's not a leased unit and that it's not stolen!! I have a hopper and a super joey on there flex pay as you go account and so do a few others here!! and on the flex pay account it's a pay as you go account so you would be buying your equipment outright and paying for a month of service with no freebies discounts full price!! dish has a better HD picture than direct it's not as compressed also. I also have them paired to a wine guard travlr it's just like watching t.v at home :)

The only reason to buy Dish TV equipment is for the Pay-As-You-Go account where you only pay for the months you use the service as you go along. This would be for part-timers.

Otherwise, there is no cost benefit to buying equipment when Dish will give you the equipment for free. Yes, you have to sign-up for a two year commitment, but as an RVer you will be making an investment in supporting equipment that pales to the walk away fee from Dish. In other words, you are making a commitment one way or the other.

The "wives tale" the Dish CSR use about Hoppers (and DVRs) in RVs in just that, a tale. There is no official policy from Dish in that regard. You are better off calling the local Dish retailer to get your equipment and subscription. There is no extra cost to you and the dealer has an incentive to get you to sign up.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

The only reason to buy Dish TV equipment is for the Pay-As-You-Go account where you only pay for the months you use the service as you go along.

. . . or if you want more than two Hoppers. I believe DISH will only lease you two Hoppers.

The "wives tale" the Dish CSR use about Hoppers (and DVRs) in RVs in just that, a tale. There is no official policy from Dish in that regard.

It may be DISH's official policy (i.e., not "supporting" RV Hoppers).

They gave me this same line a year or so ago. They explained that if an RV Hopper goes south, you're SOL as far as DISH is concerned. However, according to the DISH rep, this doesn't stop you from having an RV Hopper.

You are better off calling the local Dish retailer to get your equipment and subscription. There is no extra cost to you and the dealer has an incentive to get you to sign up.

x2, but you may end up contacting several sat installers before you find one.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

When I was trying to get set up with Dish a few years ago, the three dealers I contacted in upstate NY all said essentially "We don't do RV's." I finally gave up and bought my own gear on eBay and from other sources and went pay-as-you-go (Dish calls it a "Flex" account) through DishForMyRV. Later on, when I bought a Hopper and Joey to use in place of the VIP211k, I contacted a member of DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) via PM on one of the online DBS forums to get them activated. The whole process took less than an hour.

Oh, and our entire initial Dish system, including the 211k receiver, 1000.4 dish with both eastern and western arc LNBF's modified for no tools adjustments, roof tripod modified with levelers, bubble level, signal meter, and associated cables, came to about $250 at the time.

Dutch

So how can I get hold of a Hopper. Dish said they won't sell me one or support it because the bouncing can damage the hard drive... Plus we will not have a earthbound home in the near future....

Ask for a supervisor and it that doesn't work just hand up and keep calling back. We didn't have any problem getting one & the DISH guy had no problem setting it up in our RV. Once in awhile when I get tech support they say "they weren't made for RV's". I just say "then you shouldn't have talked me into getting in a year and a half ago" or just hang up and call back. We record just about everything so that we can watch it when it is convenient. We have the Traveler 1000 roof mounted auto system. Good luck to you. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Archived