Need help getting DirecTV to work with newly installed Trav'ler

Sat setup says hitting all three sats but receiver ( H24R) has only limited reception. It indicated only one of two tuners is working. Keeps saying error 771. Now I can't get back to the message about the tuners. Tried Restart option, no difference.

Any hints why doesn't work just like at home. Only difference is not internet box. Possible issue ? The input to the receiver runs through the internet box as installed at home.

The HR24 can work either in SWM or Multiswitch mode. If it is saying that only one tuner is working then I think it is setup for Multiswitch mode instead of SWM. Did you go through the complete setup menu with this unit? If not, go into Menu/Setup/Satellite setup. Follow the instructions about pressing the "-" (hyphen) key in order to enter the setup menu. Then go through the complete setup procedure. You will select "switch type" as SWM and "antenna type" as something like Slimline 5 SWM or Slimline SWM.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Thanks guys. I had to put it back inside for now and see how many folks show up for work in the industrial park where my shops are located. It takes up a bit of room in the parking spaces just outside the shops. I had let it do the automatic setup but clearly that isn't working. I studied the instructions about the manual setup and that looks worth trying. The receiver works just fine back at home so I know it's not that.

I'll give it another go in the next few days as suggested. Will post what I find out.

Well I'm back at it. Able to change the Sat type to the recommend "04 Slimline-5" as stated in manual. However I did not have the option to change the switch type, it is locked on "01:SWM". My only choice is duel or single tuners.

There are a zillion dish configurations available. It was on #17 from home. Finally got through to assistance. Turns out the 3005 unit isn't really designed for a SWM hookup, rather to use B-bands. However having one installed works also, but is why the change switch type isn't changeable since it isn't needed when using a SWM. Changed to the "04 Slimline-5" with duel tuners is all that is needed.

Well I'm back at it. Able to change the Sat type to the recommend "04 Slimline-5" as stated in manual. However I did not have the option to change the switch type, it is locked on "01:SWM". My only choice is duel or single tuners.

There are a zillion dish configurations available. It was on #17 from home. Finally got through to assistance. Turns out the 3005 unit isn't really designed for a SWM hookup, rather to use B-bands. However having one installed works also, but is why the change switch type isn't changeable since it isn't needed when using a SWM. Changed to the "04 Slimline-5" with duel tuners is all that is needed.

I'm totally confused as to whether or not your setup is SWM. You are correct in that the SK-3005 wasn't designed for SWM, but it is easily converted and many of the people on this forum, including me, have converted theirs. If your HR24 is locked onto the SWM setting then it is getting signals that are making it think that is what it is connected to. If you completely disconnected it from everything you ought to be able to change the switch setting.

I can't figure out from your last post whether or not you have been successful in getting a signal. If you have the switch type set to SWM and the antenna type to 04 Slimline 5 I wouldn't think it would work.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived