What does Seamless Really Mean Regarding Windows 10

DJW

Can someone explain to me what folks are talking about when they say Windows 10 will be seamless across all platforms? Will you be able to do work on your Win 10 phone on word/excel or whatever and then send it to your laptop/tablet and continue to work on that document on your laptop?. If you know how to get around on a Win 10 laptop/tablet does that mean getting around on a Win 10 phone will be the same given that they both have Win 10 OS? If you can work the laptop you can work the phone. I am not a gamer but my brother is will you be able to game on a Win 10 Phone?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

I can do that now with Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 tablets, and Windows 8.1 desktops as long as I work on things in One Drive. Win 10 takes that to a new level.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

Is One Drive a software program a part/function of the OS. Does your 822 phone operate like your tablet and laptop as far as finding/doing things on your tablet?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

today One Drive is both. It is part of File Explorer as well as in the cloud. Yes, in most ways finding things are the same as I have Office on all systems. I paid for Office 2010 for my tablets and desktops and it came with my phone.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived