What do you use and where did you get it

NY_travelers

DW puts small pieces of quilted rubber shelf liner between each plate and bowl; glasses are put in small brown paper bags; shelves are covered with the same rubber liner material and coffee cups just placed upside down.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

My dishes are kept in drawers, which eliminates the chance of them tumbling out of cabinets. The rubberized cloth (found in the kitchen section of Walmart and other stores) placed on shelves, will aid in keeping items from sliding around.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

I have had zero luck with the rubberized, perforated shelf liner rolls - it all bunches up over a trip and I find it wadded up to one side. I don't glue it down as I want to clean the shelving from time to time. I've tried a couple different weights of this material to no avail. Do you think it could be the driver?!!!! lol

We're of a similar mindset to Pleinguy. We put things that are breakable into places where they can't move around very much and just go. Much of our stuff is not that delicate. It takes quite a lot to break the Corelle glassware type dishes. And most of our drinking glasses are cheap plastic. Mugs get set upside down in an area where they can't move much either.

I don't think we've had anything break in the last few years, at least because of traveling. Then again, we don't travel nearly as much as some of you. When we do, though, the ride just hasn't been that rough.

We also use the Corelle dishes and bowls and the plastic glasses (they make pretty nice ones now) and have had zero problems with breakage (even though we don't travel as much as many of you do, either).

But our motor home doesn't seem to dislodge much stuff. The other day I went into the RV's bathroom and noticed that the glass I drank from the morning we left on the last 400+ mile leg home was still right where I left it... on the countertop next to the sink; still half full of water.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

That is a lot of bouncing, we used the rubber pads and never had one move on us. You must be bouncing hard enough to put your dishes up in the air which is a scary thought. You might want to look into doing something to calm the bouncing down as it is very hard on the RV's structure when it is as bad as yours sounds.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We use Corelle also. I got very fed up with the rubber waffle matting bunching up under everything and just wanted something simpler. I used a trick I saw online - putting a bead of clear silicon around the bottom of each plate, saucer and bowl. It didn't take as long as I thought it might to do each one, and I let it set for a day.

I was skeptical at first thinking it would just peel off when the dishes were washed, but so far so good. Now there is no need to use any dividers between plates, saucers, or bowls - they all have their own! It has only been a couple of months, so I am waiting to see how it works long term. I still put my good glass glasses and wine glasses in socks (new, never worn socks. lol!)

Leslie

I had a TV around here, a black and white job, but after I built it, I lost interest. Heinlein.

We use Corelle also. I got very fed up with the rubber waffle matting bunching up under everything and just wanted something simpler. I used a trick I saw online - putting a bead of clear silicon around the bottom of each plate, saucer and bowl. It didn't take as long as I thought it might to do each one, and I let it set for a day.

I was skeptical at first thinking it would just peel off when the dishes were washed, but so far so good. Now there is no need to use any dividers between plates, saucers, or bowls - they all have their own! It has only been a couple of months, so I am waiting to see how it works long term. I still put my good glass glasses and wine glasses in socks (new, never worn socks. lol!)

Leslie

Very clever, thanks for posting.

My Corelle did not slip and slide. I just stacked like things together with smaller ones on top of larger ones and they stay there. When I bought new casserole dishes they came with a plastic liner packaging for the lid and I kept those. They led the lid sit upside down in one casserole than another casserole sits on top of that one. My best purchase, I think, was the 9" pie plate--works as a plate, a soup dish, or a serving platter. I can put about 16 deviled egg halves in one to take to potlucks using the domed lid to protect them. I would not be without my Corelle/Corning dishes.

Linda Sand

ps. forgot to say we bought ours at an outlet store. Many outlet malls have Corning stores.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 6 months later...

how do you keep your plates, cups and glasses in place, what do you use and where did you get it?

Let me guess- rear kitchen model? We have a rear living model, but my wife still puts down the perforated rubber stuff. Never had anything move... yet.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Archived