Truck Pre-Purchase Inspection

VegasFlyer

Anyone who used one of the companies who provide pre-purchase inspections, please share your experience, cost and whether you would recommend using them.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Vegas,

I used Truck Remarketing Service (listed in the resource guide) to look at the truck that BandBuds now owns. Cost was $325 I believe. Sent me a very thorough report. Wish I had used them before my final purchase of the truck I now own but that is another story. For the new people reading this thread an independent inspection is well worth the money and is a must.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

ive had the Very opposite with TRS. paid $400 when they did some for me 5+ years ago. i do my own inspections now.

none of the 10+ trucks i had them check , VIN was incorrect on the paperwork , oil samples , etc were all wrong on most of them. hours/miles

wrong according to his computers but YET when it was pulled by a dealer and some other people it was different than what

TRS reported. had one of them they said it needed a in-frame , but yet the Dyno showed totally the opposite and so did the

maint records showing a less than 50k recent in-frame by a detroit dealer that was verified. Detroit shop even ran a dyno and some other

tests for me for FREE during that fiasco.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Wow Lou, that is a shocker. I used TRS in 2010 when I bought my truck. The inspection was well detailed, accompanied by photos of the VIN sticker and every detail mentioned in the inspection. The inspection was thorough and the dealer agreed with and fixed most of what was listed in the report. I spoke directly with the inspector after the inspection report was received and discussed it in detail with him.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Wow Lou, that is a shocker. I used TRS in 2010 when I bought my truck. The inspection was well detailed, accompanied by photos of the VIN sticker and every detail mentioned in the inspection. The inspection was thorough and the dealer agreed with and fixed most of what was listed in the report. I spoke directly with the inspector after the inspection report was received and discussed it in detail with him.

Hi Big5er ,

was NO photos at all from any of them. the dealer and/or individual (some were private sales) provided Lots of pictures beforehand. i suspect i got a idiot doing the inspections. most all the trucks were in western missouri so it could have been the same inspector. my attorney ended up getting involved and i got MOST of my money back from 9 of the inspections after i started catching mistakes.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived