Off topic some what

Star Dreamer

As previously mentioned in another post, BMzero had stopped to see if we needed any assistance while we were stopped helping some people on the Hot Rod Power Tour.

We became good friends with these two guys from Australia, Grant & Colin, who were driving this car on the Hot Rod Power Tour. A RH drive supercharged Ford Falcon:

Ford%20Falcon_zpsha5uertl.jpg

It was fun to ride in the car in the passenger seat (where our drivers seat would normally be at) down the highway and watch the expression on peoples faces as they look over at you after they see the blower sticking out of the hood and realize there is no steering wheel and then realize the wheel is on the other side. Of course the whine of the blower was great to listen to also.

Chatting with Grant the owner, we found out that he drove a semi truck back home and one night while we were at a campground, some other guy commented that he was not looking forward to hooking up his trailer to move over to the campground and whining about how difficult it was. Grant had to laugh and showed us a picture of what he has to maneuver (including backing up) and hook up on a daily basis back home:

Pulling%20Triples_zpsbf0sjr6f.jpg

I guess they are little longer that our set ups. I wonder if some LEO from Texas would need a DR Pepper by the time he got to the back of the last trailer to verify tail lights were working to get the energy to walk back up to the truck.

These guys were a blast to talk with and Grant has built some wild vehicles including a working version of the Batmobile Tumbler that I believe was sent to a museum in Japan.

Grants%20Tumbler_zpsl4lokodj.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Very cool nice car. Have all the respect in the world for the guys that drive those road trains.

And I think Phil and probably where the casters out on his creeper trying to crawl from front to back checking slack adjusters. Maybe I need to build him a custom creeper with go kart tires and wheels on it?

Pulling%20Triples_zpsbf0sjr6f.jpg

I guess they are little longer that our set ups. I wonder if some LEO from Texas would need a DR Pepper by the time he got to the back of the last trailer to verify tail lights were working to get the energy to walk back up to the truck.

I could always USE a Dr. Pepper, but if I ever saw something that long, I think I would just drive from trailer to trailer rather than walk.

And I think Phil would probably wear the casters out on his creeper trying to crawl from front to back checking slack adjusters. Maybe I need to build him a custom creeper with go kart tires and wheels on it?

Thanks for the offer bronco, but I have already worn out so many LGC's (little girlie creeper) that I finally bought an HDC.

You have to love the Rough Rider. It'll roll over gravel. It's great.

rrmk2.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Hey, you don't want to bump your pumkin getting on that thing, plus you need a little "lift" under your head.

zzzzzzzzzzzz Brake and hold!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived