RJ45 POE Camera Network

bmzero

A couple of random thoughts crossed my mind on this topic recently: #1, do your camera positions capture a reasonable portion of any walk-around inspections you do? That could be useful for lawsuit defense, etc. #2, I vaguely recall seeing a mobile DVR years ago that would tie into the diagnostic bus, and show basic vehicle parameters (speed, braking, signals, etc.) as an overlay on the footage. No idea if that's possible or included with what you have, but again, something that could prove useful.

A couple of random thoughts crossed my mind on this topic recently: #1, do your camera positions capture a reasonable portion of any walk-around inspections you do? That could be useful for lawsuit defense, etc. #2, I vaguely recall seeing a mobile DVR years ago that would tie into the diagnostic bus, and show basic vehicle parameters (speed, braking, signals, etc.) as an overlay on the footage. No idea if that's possible or included with what you have, but again, something that could prove useful.

Both of those would be a great addition. I have been so focused on the hitch and the bed that I haven't even gotten the current components installed yet. I have a big trip planned to the West Coast in a couple of weeks. It would be good to have it installed before then. That's my goal.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Archived