Spending the Winter at Escapees Park in Livingston?

amh210

Does anyone have thoughts or guidance to share about spending the winter in an RV at the Escapees Park in Livingston? It certainly isn't going to be "tropical" but I'm wondering how comfortable a place it would be to spend the winter.

Thanks!

Andy

We spend our winters about 90 miles south of Livingston. A couple of years ago we disconnected water 3 or 4 times because of lows in the 20's. Aside from that, we've not even had to do that. Livingston will get a bit colder, not so much because of distance north as because of distance from the Gulf. Average lows for Livingston in January are in the upper 30's.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

We spend our winters about 90 miles south of Livingston. A couple of years ago we disconnected water 3 or 4 times because of lows in the 20's. Aside from that, we've not even had to do that. Livingston will get a bit colder, not so much because of distance north as because of distance from the Gulf. Average lows for Livingston in January are in the upper 30's.

Where do you stay?

Born and raised in that area and you will have more need for an air conditioner than a heater till January. Jan and Feb will see temps down in the 30's a couple of times and maybe in the 20's once or twice but the cold doesn't last long, usually warms right back up the next day...in the 35 years I lived there I can remember our pipes bursting one time and that was because we lived in a house with exposed pipes under the house and we didn't wrap them.

Archived