RV length and boondocking

charlyhors

Hello Rebar,

Interesting, a really small toyhauler; we've been considering a toyhauler ourselves, but could not find many small enough. Could you tell us the make/model of the one you have?

if I understand you correctly, your TV is a van, so your TH must be a TT instead of the more common 5er. Again, interesting. I don't understand what you mean by "conversion", but for similar camp-outs we have been planning to use a "truck tent" in the bed of our planned PU truck, for example: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ASYOT8W

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like it for vans, you might want to search around.

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Its a featherlite 7924 SURV. Its a 24' bumper pull toy hauler which is 31' long with the V nose and hitch.

Yes my TV is a re-powered E350 I planned on converting to 4x4 but I blew a head gasket two years ago and it took me this long to rebuild the cummins 6bt. Now Im searching for a D70HD rear end to build a locker. Then I might add a D60 front axle if the rear selectable locker isn't enough.

I thought about a truck.. But a van is more useful for me and the rear axle is closer to the hitch making a better TV.

1997 Ram ctd 4x4 5 speed 3.54

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Good having you with us. :)

Thanks Kirk!

Honestly, after boon docking the gunnison Colorado area a few times with a 31' featherlite TH, I feel I made a mistake buying such a large trailer after I saw all the exceptional camp spots I couldn't access due to the road..

What I'm envisioning is a 10' lifted cargo trailer which contains every amenity my toyhauler has except for the living/sleeping area. I wish I could find a 8' wide 10' long cargo. Then a custom sleeping tent which zips or snaps onto the small trailer door opening. Unfortunately, no one builds such a boondocking trailer, just like my cummins van. :rolleyes:

1997 Ram ctd 4x4 5 speed 3.54

Archived