Maximum Signal Amp/Ant availability

billr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Will you be giving current customers a price break on an up graded amp? Will the antennae you shipped for the in house setup and rig work for 4 g? I bought the whole system for house and rig.

Thanks

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Will you be giving current customers a price break on an up graded amp? Will the antennae you shipped for the in house setup and rig work for 4 g? I bought the whole system for house and rig.

Thanks

JB

There will be $50 discount on advance orders . Your card will not be charged till the product is shipped . We take advance orders once FCC gets this finished . Funny thing is they told us in September when they issued our license we would have our grant in 5 days to start producing . And we are still waiting !

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Hummmm! Web page says it is approved already.

"Max Amp Mobile and Max Amp Mobile RV have been approved, stay tuned for pre-sale date in the next few weeks."

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I was hoping to purchase my own Christmas present but it seems that's not going to happen.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Hummmm! Web page says it is approved already.

"Max Amp Mobile and Max Amp Mobile RV have been approved, stay tuned for pre-sale date in the next few weeks."

It was approved and we were given our license . Then they have to give you a grant to go into production . I could write a book about what has gone on in just the last 3 months . Every day it is another stupid million in one scenario . They put before us we then disprove .. All the folks at the carriers keep telling us don't worry . When you do get approved you are going to rule . The FCC cronies tell us - we are rewriting the rules based on your product - be patient . I am out of patience and money at this point. Funniest thing is the head engineer at the FCC is now on our side as he personally oversaw the latest round of testing. But the bureaucrats are now holding us up. I don't care if anyone believes me or not at this point . I am beyond frustrated.

Keeping You Connected

Well that is a HUGE victory in my mind. Hang in there, I'm sure that you'll get to market with these one of these days, in spite of the FCC.

Thanks for the kind words . It is just so frustrating . You try to do everything right . By the rules . We have spent 4 years developing this new amplifier . Then it comes down to you did too good a job . The FCC does not even believe their own test results . They test over and over . Then they want you to reveal how your technology, it works so well . It must be some sort of voodoo. And yet companies that can't even pass the tests get PBA ( permit but ask ) waivers because their high price lobbyists convince the FCC these rules cannot be complied to and the public needs something. It is now over 20 months since we submitted this product for approval.

Keeping You Connected

For those that may be reading about this upcoming product for the first time, have no doubt about what Gord is updating here. He's always been open with what is going on, and has been helpful to others along the way.

And Gord - again sorry for the frustration of how our government can really hurt companies that are trying to bring a product online. Sure, normal due diligence and remaining within reg's is important, but this is a classic example of how we impact private industry, the little guy, as they are trying to add to the economy, and provide a superior product at the same time.

I've waited this long to upgrade, and will do so until I can join your pre order crowd...

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

There will be $50 discount on advance orders . Your card will not be charged till the product is shipped . We take advance orders once FCC gets this finished . Funny thing is they told us in September when they issued our license we would have our grant in 5 days to start producing . And we are still waiting !

Thanks

JB

Gord,

Thanks for the discount answer, but what about the rest of my question?

thanks

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Part of the new FCC rules . All amplifiers must be sold Kitted . You cannot even sell amplifiers separate.

So I will have to buy and install a new amp and inside and outside antenna? How much will that cost me for my ranch and rig? Will my old unit still work for 3g? Am I right that I will have to install a new antenna on my 12 foot ranch ceiling and my rig?

JB

So I will have to buy and install a new amp and inside and outside antenna? How much will that cost me for my ranch and rig? Will my old unit still work for 3g? Am I right that I will have to install a new antenna on my 12 foot ranch ceiling and my rig?

JB

Same antennas come with new kit . So just swap amplifiers . Use antennas with this kit in another location that way you just move amp to where you are. Your old unit still works fine for 3G and voice

Keeping You Connected

Wha's interesting to note is a story that broke yesterday about the Patent Office delaying new patents. Story was if you don't have the right lobbyist and political team on your payroll, then your patent is squashed until you find the proper funds, or never.

Hang in there Gord, you'll have a bunch of buyers when everything gets released.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Wha's interesting to note is a story that broke yesterday about the Patent Office delaying new patents. Story was if you don't have the right lobbyist and political team on your payroll, then your patent is squashed until you find the proper funds, or never.

Hang in there Gord, you'll have a bunch of buyers when everything gets released.

Thanks for the support . Seems same thing is happening at the FCC.

Keeping You Connected

• 3 weeks later...

JB

Still waiting for a cost for the new amp. will you take back new antennas for a credit?

Thanks

JB

Still waiting for a cost for the new amp. will you take back new antennas for a credit?

Thanks

JB

Prices are on .net site . Pre orders get $50 discount . Credit card will not be charged till day product is shipped. I would have to say no on the antennas . Use them for second location. The new amplifier will work in a car , RV or up to a 2500 square foot home or office . After Flying to Phoenix for the FCC last week now we are going to have to Washington DC facility.

Keeping You Connected

Hi Gord - Exciting times, with just a bit of a wait, for Maximum Signal!!

I have your Universal 9 DB 29" Magnetic Dual Band Cellular Antenna (currently feeding a Wilson Sleek), is this a good match for the new Max Amp RV Kit? Or do you recommend another antenna?

What kind of separation will I need from this roof mounted antenna, and the placement of the Max Amp internal antenna?

I've signed up to be notified when the Max Amp RV Kit is available. But is their some way to order this now and save the $50? I did not seem to locate an 'order now' area on the site?

Happy Holidays to you and Maximum Signal, and come on 2015 and lets get this new Amp out and going FCC!!!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Hi Gord - Exciting times, with just a bit of a wait, for Maximum Signal!!

I have your Universal 9 DB 29" Magnetic Dual Band Cellular Antenna (currently feeding a Wilson Sleek), is this a good match for the new Max Amp RV Kit? Or do you recommend another antenna?

What kind of separation will I need from this roof mounted antenna, and the placement of the Max Amp internal antenna?

I've signed up to be notified when the Max Amp RV Kit is available. But is their some way to order this now and save the $50? I did not seem to locate an 'order now' area on the site?

Happy Holidays to you and Maximum Signal, and come on 2015 and lets get this new Amp out and going FCC!!!

Smitty

That antenna will work fine. this new amp needs about 10 - 12 feet horizontal separation between antennas. I just do not want to take pre orders till we have the grant . We are flying to Washington DC this week hopefully with the Federal arbitrator that ruled in our favor months ago. Even he is pissed. He wants answers why we are being stalled.Needless to say a senator from Utah that is head of the Senate sub committee on technology is working behind the scenes . He has been a long time supporter of one of our competitors.The arbitrator is pushing for a full investigation.Now you all have the current facts . This crap is too far fetched to make up. I feel like Mr Tucker from the movie Tucker. He built a better automobile but the major car makers managed to have him squashed with all their political connections. It seems America has turned into a place where it does not matter what you know. But who you know and pay off!

Keeping You Connected

Matching antennas to the wide variety of frequencies being use by the vendors - especially if covering multiple technologies - is challenging. I did a review of the BoatAnt exclusively for the Mobile Internet Resource Center pay site offered by Chris and Cherie of "Technomadia". The issue is providing meaningful gain on all the 4G (and AWS) bands. Meaningful is the key word here - I don't consider 2dbi to be "meaningful". A regular monopole antenna is distinctly challenged in this regard. Finding a superior antenna usually leads you to a multiband MIMO antenna or something similar. And remember - the providers are RAPIDLY shifting bands, dropping 3G technology and replacing it with 4G on the same bands. Frankly it is quite challenging to determine what to buy.

BTW, if you are interested in the latest mobile stuff, and a bunch of knowledge on this topic - which WILL save you money in the long run - then the Mobile Internet Resource Center is the service to sign up for, IMO. It really is not very expensive for what you get. I get nothing from saying this - not a dime. I just think it is a very good resource for everyone. They stay on top of things. I do publish some of my stuff there FIRST. And sometimes ONLY there. It just depends. But again - I get nothing from their site (or for that matter from the book, that I provided a chapter for). Just so people know.....Well - I guess I'm going to insist on a good home cooked dinner some day :)

Next things published there will be: "How to build Ethernet cables: tips and techniques" (that will probably be exclusive content); "Review of the Rouge Wave WiFi Capture Device" (that will be available elsewhere, too).

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Aww... blush, Jack. You're so very giving in sharing your knowledge, and we so appreciate your contributions to the book and the site and RVing communities. You've been one of our biggest champions in creating this, and have continually turned down offers for us to compensate you for your contributions.

We can't wait to meet you and Danielle in person, and will be honored to share in food and drink together. Can't promise it'll be a 'good' home cooked meal, remember we're technos not foodies :D But it'll at least be edible.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived