Attention Visitors and Lurkers - Please Read and Respond to this Request

dieseldan

Following is my feeble translation of Salmueras_y_Crema's post using several web language translators:

Cáigalo y muévase encendido con su vida y apenas siga el flujo.

Dieseldan

1999 40' Travel Supreme RLTSODB Two Bedroom 5th Wheel. TrailAir hitch

1998 Volvo VNL770, 460HP Cummins N14 Plus, 13 speed manual, 245" wheelbase, tandems, Holland hitch, Work Station, TV/DVD, Microwave, Fridge, 3,000 W Inverter, Sink, PTO hydraulic kit - Retired USAF Lt Col

"If it wasn't for people like that, people like us wouldn't look so good."

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have made a couple of posts, I too am lurking and reading just about every entry. I got the fever bad and have had my name put on Larry Z's famous list. The wife is coming along nicely since she is wanting to get a larger fifth wheel in a few years. Still have a few years left of putting the bad guys behind bars then its off we go in the HDT.

Eddie

Have been reading all of the posts for about three months(often twice a day). Do not have an RV at this point but hope to in the next few months. Really like reading the HDT information and all of the comments. Would like nothing better to than to get a "new" HDT conversion and head on down the road.

4-5 month lurker. Looking to FT Fall '07 and wish I had found this HDT forum before purchasing what I thought would be the ideal tow vehicle, a 03 Cummins powered Dodge 1-ton dually. Love the truck but this forum has shown me the light & has me working on a way to move up to the ultimate tow vehicle, an HDT.

2000 Volvo 770 - Detroit/Eaton-Fuller 10 speed Auto

SKP#98273

http://community.webshots.com/user/AmericanRider

Dan: Great thought on the "lurkers" posting. It will be a few more days before I land for a couple of weeks so my reading and postings will be hit and miss.

This is a fine time to remind and inform all interested of the 2006 National HDT rally in Wichita, KS, Oct 1-7. I will be posting all the info around March 15 as I still have a few things to put together.

This rally is put on for anyone interested in what makes the Class 8 work so well for towing large RV trailers. Primary emphasis is on SAFETY.

Keep your calendars open for October 1-7 in Wichita, KS.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Howdy there Diesel Dan in Alaska,

This is my first posting on the H.D.T. Forum. My family and I currently live in Central America and we've been heavily researching all things 'RV' with the hopes of one day living/traveling 'Full Time'.

I'm very interested in M.D.T.'s though have become more fascinated by Heavy Duty Trucks for a variety of reasons. They sure are some impressive, sturdy lookin' rigs that's for sure!

It's all a bit intimidating however, being that I'm not very mechanically inclined (was better at destroying things in my old life, ha!). But I've been slowly reading and learning from you folks out there who own H.D.T.'s.

I would ask, if it's not too much of a hassle, to help new folks like me in our learning to 'spell things' out so we can more fully grasp the lingo and machinations of it all. Even so, thanks kindly for y'all's contributions. Hope to one day meet ya' on the road.

Respectfully, Billy

Disabled, combat veteran

-------------------------

Job 28:28

i have been watching and reading this and mdt forum for 6 months, i am now in the process of buying a volvo 660. just got back from the mdt rally in az , meet a lot of people who opened up the trucks and rv to my wife and myself to learn how it is all done , so much info to get it all correct, this is going to be some journey. Dwain & Deborah Lish , ps dw loves big trucks now!

2001 volvo 660 single.430hp autoshift 2011 Mobile Suites 38rssb3

My name is Jerry, and I am an HDT lurker *sigh* been a 'camper' since the early 60's, tents, TCs, Class Cs, TTs, presently back with a TC (Truck Camper). When I win the lotto I'll join your ranks, but until then all I can do is read and dream. Keep up the geat posts! By the time I win the lotto I'll have all my questions about HDTs answered and will be posting my thoughts on HDT stuff.

Jerry

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB

Lurking for about a year now! But, in '96 ( while my wife and I were owner/operators)we towed our old Teton several times with our '96 Freightliner. We knew then,that it was the only way to tow. One day, when the planets,moon, sun,ect. align themselves "just right", we'll be doing a Volvo 770!! -memtb

Todd & Marianne

Sundai, Nellie and Maggie May - miniature schnauzers

2004 Teton 39' Grand Freedom / 2007 Bigfoot MH26Sl

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW, 4x4,  6.7 manual trans

Hi I have been visiting about 4 months, I Have been a HDT fan for about 24 of my 27 years. Iam a firefighter in Houston Texas, Ever since I started reading the Information In this fourm I have decided I wont to get a HDT mainly because I Have a side business, I do Tractor Mowing, I have a McCormick cx 105 4x4 cab @8600 lbs 15' Bush Hog 2615L @ 4500 lbs and use a 32 foot goose neck @ 8700 lbs That I use to pull with My 2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW, However I sold It Last Month in persuit of my HDT icon_smile.gif With truck,tools,tractor ect i was at about 33000lbs so i though hy what a good excuse to get a HDT verse a MDT Well I will probably start posting some, now that iam in the Market

Thanks Everyone for your input on this fourm

OK, OK so I lurk! There, I've said it. It took me over a month to respond to your request, but I'm out there now. That's right----I'm a lurker.

We're very pleased with our MDT, but there's something about 1400ft-lbs. of torque that keeps me alurkin'icon_cool.gif

I KNOW the cure.

But before I start gettin' a hankerin' for double-clutchin'...

I best be searching the yellow pages for a good divorce lawyer cuz I'd be out in the street like a dog!

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

Hi all,

I have been lurking for about 2 weeks. I am currently looking for my "perfect HDT" and am thanking you all for your information and links and insights. I will be retired in January of 2007 and will be purchasing my 5th wheel then. I currently pull a 1993 Award 28 1/2 footer with a Dodge 3500 Ram 4X4. I will graduate to a two bedroom model in Jan. and will need a HDT to pull it. I am currently not getting a lot of support from the missus, but she wants the huge fiver, and I want to pull it safely. Time will tell.

Dogboy

1993 Award 728-5

1998 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW

(___(X(____((((

Retired F/F .

LURK-ing =

L - Looking at all the info here.

U - Understanding (trying to?) all the good "stuff" here.

R - Researching old threads and the great resource guides for "stuff" I don't understand.

K - Kicking myself for not finding the forum sooner and skipping the pickup phase.

** Came back for an edit - there was a link that was no longer good.

New format crammed everything into one "tight" paragraph, so - eliminated the "filler" rather than re-enter it all.

JC

Edited by 10-9jc

I have waited to post to let some of the new lurkers post first. I finaly came out of the closet and registered when Marjon9 was interested in a Volvo 610 at a local dealer and I offered to take a look at it for him. Like many of the long time lurkers I scan this fourm many times per day, and I have starterd writing important stuff in a note book so that when I do look at a potential HDT I won't forget. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum.

Bill

Have been lurking for a few months. Have a 2003 Dodge 3500 DRW pulling a Komfort 36 Toyhauler. I am marginal on weight so have to run with zero water and minimal grey/black. Am going to upgrade TV soon. Considering Ford Tow Boss but really like the idea of a HDT...but better half not so keen on the idea as she is worried about when we drive it without the trailer.

Home is Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada but currently working out of the country. Will be retiring early next year so will be doing the RV snowbird thing then.

03 Dodge 3500 DRW (HDT wanabee)

04 Komfort Karryall - 36 ft toy hauler

98 Honda VT750ACE

06 Harley-Davidson FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic

Not sure if I had posted on the hdt forum before, but anyway I have been lurking. We are interested in a hd conversion.. showhauler, optima style setup. We want the smallest in length but want to pull a stacker trailer for the toys. Not sure if we can handle all the space in a bigger rig considering what we have been fulltiming in for the last year and a half. Not to mention the spots we will no be able to get into. There are tradeoffs for everthing and no perfect RV. I guess that is why we are still lurkers. Thanks for the great info. We also visit the truck conversion site.

Jim

2011 Mobile Suites 38REPS4, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually
Picture Page

I am not sure i am a "Lurker" in that i have been building my 610 for 6 months now. I dont interact because i get most of my information just by researching. Also, i see that you can be treated like an idiot by other members at times (not so much on this forum, but does happen). I dont go to places to be treated that way.

like the forum. been a great help, and i appreciate everyones openess and input.

1999 Volvo 610, Ugly but comong along!

=====================

1999 Volvo 610, CAT 3406e, on the road but not pretty...yet! Keystone Raptor 5th wheel. 1-wife (unless she changes her mind.........again), 3-kids (all girls!!!!!), 3-cats (people keep dropping them off!!!), 4-Dogs (1st is mine, I am the 2nd's, the 3rd and 4th just showed up on their own!). OH, as of 3/4/2006 1-HORSE!!!!! I am such a sucker!

"The difference between men and boys is the size of their toys!"

Well said Vulve'! - [Honest man!]

Don't want to stir anybody up here - especially

since I fall into the "newbie" classification

(is that a class 7 or 8?) - but I have seen the same stuff - and figured don't want to go there!!!

Kinda like walking into somebody else's house for the first time and telling 'em you don't like the wallpaper.

So it HAS been good to just "Lurk-N-Learn" and

stay off the keyboard - and out of the

quicksand!

Figured when I get to meaningful questions, I'll wade in . . . . with my M/C helmet on!

JC

10-9jc

Nice to know i am not the only one who in intimidated by the forum means of coumnicating. Kind of enertaining watching the banter on topics.

My 610 is now a Class 7. Figured out how to do most myself with the help of the forums, and larry Ziegles's on line book. I also asked anyone i thought would have useful information in person. As with most, you have to wade through the varying opinions and ultimately decide for yourself.

The hard part was finding "The Truck". I lucked out and got low miles for low price. Ive had to do some work on the motor (mostly preventative stuff) and am real happy so far.

Now that i am "out of the closet", i will probalby get inundated. I was just hoping to just show up at one of the HDT rallies and suprise anyone, but the topic of this line was irresistable!

=====================

1999 Volvo 610, CAT 3406e, on the road but not pretty...yet! Keystone Raptor 5th wheel. 1-wife (unless she changes her mind.........again), 3-kids (all girls!!!!!), 3-cats (people keep dropping them off!!!), 4-Dogs (1st is mine, I am the 2nd's, the 3rd and 4th just showed up on their own!). OH, as of 3/4/2006 1-HORSE!!!!! I am such a sucker!

"The difference between men and boys is the size of their toys!"