Craft/ Hobby area at Escapade

nana25k

The craft area at Escapade can always be fun and its never to early for me to start planning. With Pam Woods as my "right hand" & "wing person" we want it to be an enjoyable place for all. I haven't seen the space of course but Molly assures me it the best they have ever had for this.

I would love to know who our quilters and wood carvers are so that we can plan our space accordingly

I would also like to hear from anyone who might enjoy teaching a class on their hobby or a fun craft. I know we have some very talented folks in this crowd. You would be able to designate how many people you would have in a class, what the cost would be to cover materials etc, how far in advance you need a head count or would you prefer people to sign up at registration.

There is usually a day for "show and tell" as well. People may come to the space and show off their handy work and some choose to demonstrate as well. Traditionally that has been toward the end of the week. However this year it will happen earlier. This will allow people to hook up and get more info if they need on something that interests them.

I will have my rug hooking frame there the entire time and I plan to offer a small class (probable no more than 6)on this very traditional American art form. Its very portable and fun.

There will be an Escapade email up and running soon for this area and I will post it when its active,but until then please contact me thru a pm or just post on here

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Pssst..... (Don't tell anyone, but there is no "s" on Wood.) :P

Maybe she was trying to insinuate that Pam has multiple personality D if she's both her "right hand" AND "wing person"... Wood"s"? :blink:

[it's okay Linda... it wouldn't be the first time I've been slapped. Have at! :lol:]

OK OK I get it?

Now be helpful and help me get the word our.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

It will be one great event and whether you are into crafts, seminars, or just socializing you will have a great time. Linda has a history of doing great craft areas and she is just one of the many talented people who will be on staff this year. Pam was a room host last year in her area and was impressed enough to move over to join the craft staff.

If you are not yet registered, visit the Escapade webpages and get signed up now! There is going to be one heck of a party in Vermont.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm not a teacher, but I weave and spin and can give demonstrations, and let people try out my loom and spinning wheel.

Joan Dwight

Massachusetts

Oh thank you Joan. We will love to have you. I will hopefully be posting an email address thru Escapees soon. When that happens I will send you a pm. That way you can email me and we can start a conversation.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I paint in oils, I would be glad to demonstrate how to set up and use painting equipment suitable for RV use and show some of my work.

Brian Downing

Oh yey!!! That would be a great addition. I know many people struggle with how to store their stuff for any hobby. I will add you tyo the list and be in touch as I plan thank you

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 2 months later...

I haven't attended an Escapade in years. Will there be an area in Crafts for us to work on our projects and chat with each other. Nothing formal, just when we have free time to stop over and meet some new friends while getting some work done on our projects.

I haven't attended an Escapade in years. Will there be an area in Crafts for us to work on our projects and chat with each other. Nothing formal, just when we have free time to stop over and meet some new friends while getting some work done on our projects.

We will be happy to have anyone. Do you gave a specific craft you do? Of course one day Will have an area set aside for "Show & Sell" as well.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hey there, I am planning a moderate size open craft area.

What type of crafting are you doing??

Feel free to contact me at escapadecrafts@escapees.com

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I quilt and crochet and would enjoy doing either with others if there is adequate room. I was disappointed last year in the small, cramped space. There was some confusion on when the area would be available to just come and sew. The 2-3 times I came, no one seemed to know when classes would have the space and whether there were others that just wanted to sew together. I didn't want to take the time to bring all my stuff (including machine), if no one else would be there.

Now that I've complained about last year . . . If there is anything I can do to make this work better, please let me know.

Shirley & Neil
F350 and 2015 Open Range Light 318RLS
Winston, 2008 Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Nellie, 2010 Scottish Terrier

I have not seen our space. I have been told by our Directors that is a very nice space. I will be arriving a couple days early with the other staff volunteers and will then have a better idea. I am of the understanding that the space is one open area with no sectional dividers. There will be an area set aside for the quilting group and I am sure they will welcome you to join them. Please be sure to bring a power strip and extension cord for your machine. There will be a schedule of craft activities posted near registration and will also be included in the daily Escapade News that comes out in email form to all participants. Looking forward to meeting you. Feel free to contact me at Escapadecrafts@escapees.com.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Archived