shaw satellite need help

hi every body need help I have a travellers satellite whit shaw have to receivers.have one in the bedroom working good but the one in front living space not working change receiver to make sure is good and works in bedroom same cable not right paid a tect to install maby some body here can help

Frank

Has the system ever worked? Here's the manual for the Winegard Trav'ler. What model of Shaw receiver are you using?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Since you have confirmed the receiver is working, I would first check the TV setup to ensure that the input and tuner settings are correct, then that it is on the correct channel for the sat receiver. If all that is correct, it has to be a wiring problem. Something is apparently different in this rig from your previous one. For instance, my old setup was connected via coax. On the new system I upgraded to a couple of weeks ago the front TV must be set for the HDMI input rather than cable.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

I'd tend to agree. Something in the receiver settings has changed. The wiring has been checked by moving the working receiver. Where are you located?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

ok thank you I will chek the tv setup its a new tv smart never work buy it yesterday were do I find the input and tuner am not very tect old man thanks for your help yes the have a hdmi cable but also have a coax to the receiver than back to the tv the tect that did my firsth install last year was good everything work good but is 3 hours way from me

Frank

A new TV must be set up to the input you want to use (antenna, catv, HDMI, etc), and if on other than HDMI requires a channel search be done. It sounds like what you want to select is INPUT=HDMI1. If the remote that came with the television has an INPUT button, press it and select HDMI or HDMI1. If the TV and sat receiver are both HD, that should do it.

If that doesn't work, set the input back to CATV, CABLE, or something similar. Exit that are and then press MENU and look for SYSTEM and then TUNER and ANTENNA settings. They need to be set for something other than TV and ANT. And before exiting the MENU SYSTEM settings you will need to do a channel search.

Good luck ...these new "smart" TVs can be a challenge sometimes!!

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

I have the Shaw setup and there are a number of possible issues. The first thing is to call RF Mogul in Salt Lake City. Jim will probably answer the call and pass you onto Carlo. Carlo will walk you thru the trouble shooting process to eliminate issues one after the other. Your dish may be an issue as mine was or it could be the controller or the controller may need the programming updated as mine did. The update can be sent via e-mail, loaded onto a thumbdrive then reloaded onto the controller. Another issue with mine was the co ax connections on the roof.

Google up RF Mogul and call them. Carlo is really good at this. I have had a number of conversations and spent half a day at their facility on my return to Canada in April.

Roger

• 2 months later...

UPDATE; sorry take so long but just got done last week it was up on the dish the coax connectors has gotten corroded, the center wire has broken conectors got water in one and was green and the little wire inside broke off to fix put new one put clear selicome screw in and works perfect

Frank

• 1 month later...

Archived