Medical emergency - I need a driver.

We just started full-timing. We are staying st Rainbow's End in Livingston. We took the toad to Frindswood, about two hours from Livingston. While in Friendswood, I had a disc rupture in my back. Now we are stuck in Friendswood.

How can I find someone to drive our RV down to us? I'll be in the hospital for a week and after that I'll need bed-rest. I really need to get us set up soon.

I'm not sure how to approach this.

Is there a way to hire a safe, qualified driver?

Thanks!!!!

Are you by chance also a member of FMCA too? Some of the programs they offer include assistance in just such an emergency. (I ask, as we found a gent in Borrego Springs about two years ago, who had broken his right leg and asked his wife to go around and ask if anyone would be willing to drive his rig to San Diego area. We saw the FMCA placard on the back ladder, asked her about it, and she said that yes they were still members. Suggested they call FMCA to ask if they had this sort of help with their membership - and they did. Ended up a couple were leaving the next day to go to San Diego anyways, and the husband offered to drive his rig in for him, and his wife had no problem driving theirs.

And yes, 2gysies gives good advice - suspect someone will step forward and offer to assist if they can.

Best of luck to you, get well soon,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I thought about talking to someone at Escapees, but I was hesitant because I didn't want to impose on them. Plus, it would probably be best to have this task done by someone who has the proper insurance .

But, now that you mention it, it's kinda stupid that I didn't try that first.

I would be glad to do this for you. If you are interested you could call me. I am 67

years old and I have an F250 diesel CC longbed. I am set to retire on September 1st.

Bill Johnson Cell 713-253-2057. I live between Livingston and Friendswood.

Bill, what an awesome offer!!!

I agree ----- Very nice offer. Thank you. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived