Direct TV satellite dish

OK I was all set to get a Winegard Pathway 2 dish http://www.winegard.com/pathway/pathway-x2/ . It has 2 port for 2 TV's plus I was going to get a DVR, Hopper. I called Dish and X. These are the list of why nots and issues.

1. This dish will only allow 25 feet of cable from the dish to the DRV/box.

I could have that in the 5ver it's self before even hooking the dish up.

2. Have to use the 211z box and I would need to buy an external hard dive. Can not remember if she said the was a monthly for that service also.

3.This box is only a 1 channel box. So I can not watch a show and record a show.

4. She said that I would need to buy a Tailgater ($1500, part alone) and mount to the roof. But them if I'm under a tree, no TV. This is why I wanted to go portable automatic dish.

I have spent weeks looking into this and reading as much as I can on here and the web. And she shoot all of my planning out the window to step one again. She said that if I went with a King Tailgater two channel dish, http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/KING-Tailgater-Automatic-Satellite-for-DISH/84187/&?&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CJP4t_LfrsUCFQkRHwodl0AA5A. That I could have up to 50 feet of cable. And none of these are HD dishes. I could see $400 - $800 worth of equipment being bought and not being happy with the picture and service.

Shocked that it is that hard to figure out. I mean it is not like it is a new thing.

Thanks for letting me rant.

be warned you can't buy the genie from directv it's a very rare case that you can find an owned one. it would have to be from a former employee that no longer works for them from my understanding since they get em as part of there bennies and once there no longer employed by directv there free to do as they please to do with em as they please. the most you will get from directv is an HR24 DVR and or an H24 high def box no dvr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have DirecTV, slimline dish I removed from my s&b when I moved out and put it on a tripod from tv4rv.com, Genie HR44/700, and I can record 5 programs at the same time. I also have WholeHome and another TV in the bedroom with a HR24 and I can record 2 more programs at the same time there for a total of 7. The only time I do record 7 at a time is when they have the free premium movie channel weekends. And DNS gives me the same network channel numbers when I move so the DVR's are always programmed correctly.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

I have the hopper with the built in sling with a super joey and the travlr. as you'll need the travlr to make it work like it's installed in your SB home. you can also buy a tripod kit with a dish and a sat finder online but I don't fell like messing with all of that :rolleyes: . I love the auto hop feature ( I wish it was available for all of the network channels like espn usa ect ect ). but I am sure that there are contractual agreements with the networks!! I love the fact I can record upto 2000 hours of programming. I love the fact since I have the super joey that I can record 8 shows at once VS 5 shows. after toying with my friends genie for a while over the weekend I noticed that the hopper has a faster processer than the genie. I love the fact that I can upload my shows to my smart device and watch them on the go even with no internet conn (I haven't used that feature yet ). I like tha fact that I can back my hopper up to a usb drive and re download my content on the new hopper). I like the fact that I can make folders for all of my shows that I recorded kinda like a pc. I like the fact that I can undelete shows from the trash bin. I like the fact that I don't have to pay for HD as well unlike you do with directv. I can't wait for the 4k joey to come out it's gonna have voice command :blink: and a clickable touchpad that responds to swipe scroll and pinch-zoom gestures as well. but from my understanding the 4k service will only be a download service as I have been reading that dish is also strapped for badwith space for more HD. I also understand that the 4k joey won't have a tuner like the super joey that's a big drawback!!

wonders if the OP got this straitened out. seems like he got some bad csr info. I know that dish tripped out when I told them I wanted the hopper in my rv the sales guy was trippin out and told me that I could not do it. so I asked him why not and he said the the hopper won't work with the dome style dishes wich is true and I agreed with him. so then I told him that I had the winegaurd travlr and he looked it up and he didn't know they made that unit :D

wonders if the OP got this straitened out. seems like he got some bad csr info. I know that dish tripped out when I told them I wanted the hopper in my rv the sales guy was trippin out and told me that I could not do it. so I asked him why not and he said the the hopper won't work with the dome style dishes wich is true and I agreed with him. so then I told him that I had the winegaurd travlr and he looked it up and he didn't know they made that unit :D

Yes I got it all straight. Still thinking of trying just a OTA DRV and see if that fills our TV needs before I add a monthly charge to our budget.

Many thanks for everyone's input.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived