Cricket wireless and AT&T carrier

Pieere

:) Went to renew my monthly prepaid service at the Cricket store yesterday. I was getting 5 gb a month for 50.00. Well Now it is 10 gb for 60.00. Don't know for how long but it put a :D on my face! More data means more time without affordable internet service where I live outside the city limits!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

They do have an add-on for $10/month to enable tethering on your smartphone.

All of their pricing can be found here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

The Pro Plan ($60/10GB) has been around a couple months at least, and is one of their new standard offers. You can even save $5/month off your bill by enabling autopay.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I don't do autopay as I had a hassle with NET 10; took me about 8 months to get them to stop deducting money from my account after i discontinued their service.I like have complete control of my accounts!

I don't auto pay nothing!! if I do use auto pay then it's through a pre paid visa. I never give out my bank account info to any of these companies!! I will even use a prepaid visa on amazon and newegg also

They do have an add-on for $10/month to enable tethering on your smartphone.

All of their pricing can be found here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

The Pro Plan ($60/10GB) has been around a couple months at least, and is one of their new standard offers. You can even save $5/month off your bill by enabling autopay.

thanks for that update. I know i'm on att and they don't charge you to tether.

thanks for that update. I know i'm on att and they don't charge you to tether.

Are you on a prepaid plan??? I was at the Cricket office and AT&T is the carrier and was informed that it is $10.00 extra for the tether option! I won't do it as my Smartphone is not programmed for it. And i use free WIFI for my computing and my phone on those nasty weather days!

Are you on a prepaid plan??? I was at the Cricket office and AT&T is the carrier and was informed that it is $10.00 extra for the tether option! I won't do it as my Smartphone is not programmed for it. And i use free WIFI for my computing and my phone on those nasty weather days!

yes i'm on att's gophone 60.00 a month plan. I don't have to pay any extra to tether my phone to my laptop wich is more money in my wallet wich keeps me happy :)

yes i'm on att's gophone 60.00 a month plan. I don't have to pay any extra to tether my phone to my laptop wich is more money in my wallet wich keeps me happy :)

I sure won't switch to AT&T GoPhone just to get tethering for free. WIFI for free gets me out of the house and cures claustrophobia!

I am very much interested in the Cricket plan for 10g. I checked my phone and I can move it over. I currently use a Straight Talk Hot Spot for my laptop and have a Straight Talk phone. If I move to Cricket, does my phone show up as an internet access location on my PC. Are there any problems with the tethering that I should know about. This is a whole new world that I have never considered and I really like the pricing of Cricket for 10g/month.

To make my phone a mobile hotspot Cricket says it costs an additional $10/month. Not sure i understand this. I currently have my hot spot and my Wifi Ranger using it. Using the Ranger gives me flexibility to use either the hot spot or free wifi easily. My printer also goes through the Ranger. If I tether my phone I assume I can hook it up to my Ranger instead of my Straight Talk hot spot and not pay the additional $10/month. Does my phone replace the hot spot and I use my Wifi Ranger like I do now?

Am I making sense?

As I say, a whole new world.

I too have been using Straight Talk as a Cell provider for year's now mainly because I was on the Verizon network. All along, I've kept wondering why won't they update the TOS and allow tethering. Just within the last few months, Straight Talk has given 5g of high speed data for their 45.00 plan....I'm not so fond of my cell phone that I could ever use that much data on a cell phone alone let along if allowed to tether. Long story short, I just switched to Cricket so that I could get this tethering option...my usage while traveling is minimal and I'm just hoping I'll be as happy with AT&T as I was with Verizon.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

We have been on the ATT network with Straight Talk for 2-3 years and are impressed by the coverage. ATT is really increasing their network presence. My hot spot is a Straight Talk ATT, last year coverage at our winter cg was dicey, this year it is solid 4g.

That's good to know...thank you! For our uses, normally I'm ok if I can get the CG Wi-Fi as slow as it may be but for those times when that just doesn't make it, I hope this Cricket thing works out. I still have an Internet of the Go dohickey but would rather have only one device to keep tract of. :-)

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

Archived