ScanGaugeD and 2006-2008 Volvos

jeffw

Hi:

I picked up a ScanGaugeD to be able to monitor a few more things (like boost pressure, since my truck doesn't have a boost gauge).

I plugged it in and within a couple of minutes of driving, the TCS light came on on the dash.

I thought it was weird, though given the way things have been breaking on my truck I assumed it was something else on the way out. I did a quick google search and found out that someone else had a TCS light come on after installing the ScanGaugeD:

http://solutions.letstruck.com/Answers/View/8548/Dash+lights+up+with+TCS+when+ScanGauge+KR+is+plugged

I emailed the manufacturer, and they got right back to me, saying this is apparently a known problem:

This is an issue we have encountered with 2006-2008 Volvo trucks.
Unfortunately, we have been unable to find a way to stop this issue from
occurring in these vehicles. If you wish to return the unit and have any
issues returning the unit with our reseller, please let me know.

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

I have one in my jeep. My display was messing up and switching colors. They had an update available for $25. I told them about the bad board and they said to include a note. They changed out the bad board for a good updated board at no extra charge besides the $25. Great company to work with.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Thanks Jeff. I had talked to someone and looked at one at the ECR and was going to purchase for the same reasons you did. I will reconsider since I have 2006 with D12.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived