directtv reception

I tried using my cobbled together eagle dtv 321, power inserter pq21r1-03 and converter

d 120 700 from the spare bedrooom at my house to acquire a sat signal in my 5th wheel.

Using a signal meter, I get a definite peaked signal, but when I check it inside, the

converter shows no signal. Does the converter need to enabled from dtv to function as

a stand alone unit?

2003 Coachman Chaparal 276 RLS

2000 F250, 7.3l auto ext. cab 4x4

Are you trying to use the typical single TV coax connection to get the signal inside? If so the typical one cable system connected to the wineguard plate and over the air antennae will not pass the satelite signal through.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

The question was, are you using the Cable connector to brings the satellite signal inside?

If you are, then thatcoax cable needs to be disconnected from the OTA amplifier wallplate.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I'm not real clear on how swm works...does a special brand of splitter need to be used to get multiple output

from a line for say a dvr? Just one power injecter is needed, right? and does it need to be on either/or lines

If the sat finder indicates good signal strength, does that mean the lnb is working correctly? Why does the sat

finder indicate good signal, but the converter show no signal? I'm running from the ant, thru the signal meter

to the trailers input connector, thru the power injecter module, to the sat in on the converter, to the tv. Is that

right? Do I need to put the power injecter on a separate, isolated line?

Ok, I've learned the antenna I have does not have a swm in it, so, I ordered a little smw. I have the power

injector on the other coax [bdrm one]. Will that be ok? Any hints on how I can determine if the lnb is working?

Archived