DISH - Eastern versus Western Arc Satellites

They would want to be able to add local channels where they are though, without having to call/change them every time.

When All American Direct when under, I was very concerned about changing Service Address with Dish when we moved (about 40 times a year). It has turned out to be very easy. I use Chat mode instead on calling, too much miscommunication with the phone (maybe I don't talk well).

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

When All American Direct when under, I was very concerned about changing Service Address with Dish when we moved (about 40 times a year). It has turned out to be very easy. I use Chat mode instead on calling, too much miscommunication with the phone (maybe I don't talk well).

We have changed ours more times than I care to count but always by phone, I can tell by talking to the person on the other end of the line if they know what they are doing. When I get one I don't trust I make them stay on the line until the old locals go red, they get it done faster that way.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Thanks for all the great info. Looking at the spotbeam maps it looks like Dish's stretch much wider than DirecTV's. I've always wanted to be able to pick up the coastal stations here in S.C. at my house, but I'm outside of the spot beam locations with DirecTV. It appears based on the Dish maps I would be well within range.

Also it appears if you're using the Eastern Arc there are several CONUS markets you can switch to without having to change on a regular basis, if you don't care about the local news where you are (or just want to use OTA for it)

All these markets are currently in HD on the CONUS satellites
Bluefield, WV (Eastern Arc HD Only)
Cincinnati, OH (Eastern Arc HD Only)
Louisville, KY (Eastern Arc HD Only)
Ft. Wayne, IN (Eastern Arc HD Only)
Lima, OH (Eastern Arc HD Only)

• 7 months later...

We had this problem when we came east this year {last year was no problem} DISH is dividing the country on eastern & western ARC. DISH said they did this because Prime Time Anytime can only work in HD and PA customers couldn't get the PTAT because of the western arc so they decided to make part of the country Eastern arc. We didn't know what to do either after talking to DISH so we decided to contact winegard who manufactures our DISH. He showed us how to go into the Winegard control box and change the arc to the 61.5 & 71. Once we did this, we put out satellite down {we have the DISH traveler which is permanently installed on the roof of our 5th wheel} and back up again which gave us the eastern arc & this allowed us to have our "local" channels back again. Coming east, Nashville, TN was western Arc but Knoxville was east-go figure.

Surprisingly, Ohio was western arc and some parts of Indiana are eastern arc & others are western so it will take a bit more time if we have to change to eastern arc at times. Hope this helps. Hugs, Di.

We know this thread is months old, however we have just travelled to PA and hit this problem, unlike 20 months ago when we made a similar trip and could watch local channels and I guess there was no Eastern ARC.

Di, can you tell us how you managed to changed the Winegard Trav'ler box to receive Easter ARC Dish?

Tony, Connie and Rusty
Fleetwood Bounder 36E
2014 Honda CR-V FWD
Blue Ox Alpha and Patriot

Cousins Home

Yes Di, there are many who would like to know how to get the Winegard Controller to set the skew for the EA.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I'm curious how that could be done as well, since the three western arc LNBs on the Trav'ler are spaced 9 and 10 degrees apart at 110, 119, and 129, while the two eastern arc sats mentioned are 11.2 degrees apart at 61.5 and 72.7 (not "71"). It might be possible to cheat between the two enough to get a signal with the 119/129 pair, but the strength would not be optimal at all. I have heard of folks manually tweaking a Trav'ler to receive one of the eastern arc birds, but not two at once.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Hi

Sorry for the delay in posting but I'm recovering from having a pacemaker put in and the last 2 years have not been good to us healthwise. I hope to get back on the forums and start posting again hopefully in June.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember {the only effects from my stroke last year} exactly how they had me make the changes to 61.5 & I think 77{?} but it was all from my control box that sits on top of our TV. Tech support at Winegard was really good about walking me thru making the changes. I do remember having to call them several months later to help me change it back once we needed to get the west coast feeds back again.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help and the next time I do it, I'll make more notes so I can pass info on to others. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Archived