Dolores ,Co

mesa

We just got back from southwest Colorado and saw this sign just outside of Dolores,Co ,beautiful spot for dry camping on a what looks like private land right on the river. We took a few pics as we went by but still could not make out info. Does anyone have info on this? Thanks

post-54391-0-47863600-1474287641_thumb.jpg

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

I keep extensive campsite records. I noted that we stopped there when we had a 33' 5th wheel and inquired at the house across the street. In 2003 it was $15 - a bit steep for us for boondocking so didn't stay. For a cheaper price with electric ($9 with Golden Age card at the time) we chose West Dolores River Forest Service campground which was nearby. It was also on the river. I wrote that 6 sites had electric. We were on #3 and had breakfast of biscuits and gravy with the hosts one morning and dessert around the campfire with a couple from Minnesota and the hosts. Yes, I keep records. :)

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I keep extensive campsite records. I noted that we stopped there when we had a 33' 5th wheel and inquired at the house across the street. In 2003 it was $15 - a bit steep for us for boondocking so didn't stay. For a cheaper price with electric ($9 with Golden Age card at the time) we chose West Dolores River Forest Service campground which was nearby. It was also on the river. I wrote that 6 sites had electric. We were on #3 and had breakfast of biscuits and gravy with the hosts one morning and dessert around the campfire with a couple from Minnesota and the hosts. Yes, I keep records. :)

Thanks so much we are still fairly new at this but my wife has started keeping records also

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

WOW!! You really do keep great records!! You should put it in book form, I am sure it would encompass several volumes, and it would be a treasure to us newbies!!!

WOW!! You really do keep great records!! You should put it in book form, I am sure it would encompass several volumes, and it would be a treasure to us newbies!!!

LOL! Yes, I have about 300+ pages of word processing notes on campgrounds throughout the country. However, to me, it would be too much work to take out all my personal notes and make it readable for others. Plus, sites change over the years. Some of our favorite boondocking spots are no more.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! Yes, I have about 300+ pages of word processing notes on campgrounds throughout the country. However, to me, it would be too much work to take out all my personal notes and make it readable for others. Plus, sites change over the years. Some of our favorite boondocking spots are no more.

LOL!! Don't blame you!! On second thought, that does sound like a lot of work and time!! Thanks for the input on the different topics, it's always good info!!

Archived