T2000 questions

tyates007

-found an owners manual online, somewhere. Might have been Google Library, or whatever they call their online archive.

-Tee into the line going to the brake application gauge on the dash. This gauge is fed from between the check valves, and allows brake actuation by the foot pedal, or by hand.

-Dealership or E-Bay

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

With the exception of the Caterpillar manual I had no luck with eBay as far as finding manuals, but it's worth a shot. I ended up buying the Operators Manual from a KW dealer, but didn't purchase a service manual. One thing about a Kenworth is that most any kind of information that you can imagine that pertains to your truck is likely available from a KW dealer, but none of it is free.

When I was using a BrakeSmart, I connected it directly at the treadle valve in the dash, as shown in Figures 3 - 6 here: http://www.patriotperformance.com/pdf/peterbilt330.pdf. As is the case when you tap anywhere on the same air circuit on which the brake lamp switch is located, this does allow for actuation of the trailer brakes by using the Johnson Bar. The instructions are for an MDT Pete, but my T2000 was similar to it. You may be able to do the same with your Hayes.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Archived