West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

West Coast HDT Rally
Begins June 19th, 2015

Ends June 21st, 2015

http://www.sparksmarinarvpark.com/

Currently 10 sites have been set aside for the WCR (more are available and can be added if needed). The cut-off date for the 10 sites to be released back to the campground is May 15th, 2015, so make your reservations soon.

You are welcome to call the office at Sparks Marina RV Park (775-851-8888) between 8:00 am & 5:00 p.m. to make your reservations.

If you would like to arrive earlier or depart later you are free to do so. When making your reservations, please mention that you are a member of the “WCR – HDT” group to get our pricing.

If you are bringing a pet please mention this when you call.

The Agenda has not yet been formalized. Any ideas, suggestions or input will gladly be accepted by emailing Scott Almquist (MrSeas) at almquisc@verizon.net or Chad Heiser (Chad Heiser) at chadheiser@att.net

I would also ask that once you have made your reservation that you email me at almquisc@verizon.net or PM me here on the forum to let me know so that I can accurately track and co-ordinate everything with the campground.

We are looking forward to seeing lots of the West Coast folks!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have our reservations. We will arrive on Thursday the 18th and leave Monday the 22nd. (Work really gets in the way of having fun sometimes ;). )

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We are penciling in the rally at this time. We will be on the West coast this year and I have not had time yet to look up where the rally will be located. I would guess right now that we will be there. Do we call the park directly to make a reservation?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Howdy All,

I am seriously thinking of doing this event, just need to figure out something to do on the way down or back to justify the travel costs, I am sure I'll come up with something to do.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Just trying to see if I can fit it in this summer. The weather looks nice at that time of year. :) I will be going to the NHRA Mile High Nationals in Denver about three weeks after this. Looks like a 22 hour drive for me. It looks like the biggest sites they have are about 65ft. Do they have parking for the trucks?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sparks-nv/89431/june-weather/339386

For those of you with dogs, like me, below is my inquiry about dogs and the RV park's very quick response.

EMAIL THAT I SENT TO THE PARK OWNERS

Good Morning:

I am a friend of Scott Almquist.

Scott sent me an email about the West Coast Rally for HDT's. The Rally is scheduled for June 19 through June 21, 2015, at your facility.

I have four dogs, two English Springer Spaniels (35 pounds and 55 pounds), one English Setter (45 pounds) and one Malte-Poo (10 pounds).

I looked at your website and could not find your policy on dogs (breeds, size, number of dogs allowed). Some campgrounds have dog limitation rules, as to breed, size and quantity of pets and, I respect their policy.

So, my question is, before I sign up, are you OK with my four dogs.

Thanks,

Jim Dromi

THE PARK OWNERS’S RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL

Hello,

We do have a breed restriction for vicious breeds (pit bull, etc), however your dogs are fine.

Please call our office @ 775-851-8888 to make your reservation.

Thank you,

Kim

Sparks Marina RV Park

So, we will be there.

Glad to see people showing interest and saying they will be there. It will be nice to put some faces to names and see some other rigs/set ups in person. As the first official WCR, this will be somewhat more of a social gathering with some information sharing. We have intentionally made it just a long weekend to start. Hopefully over time we can grow this gathering like the ECR and National Rally have done over the years.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Just trying to see if I can fit it in this summer. The weather looks nice at that time of year. :) I will be going to the NHRA Mile High Nationals in Denver about three weeks after this. Looks like a 22 hour drive for me. It looks like the biggest sites they have are about 65ft. Do they have parking for the trucks?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sparks-nv/89431/june-weather/339386

Rick, I have family in the Denver area and have made that drive over I80 many times. It is long, but very easy. The scenery through eastern NV is pretty baron and boring, but it gets better when you cross the NV border. Hopefully you can make it.

As far as the park site sizes, I have not stayed there before but from talking to them and looking at pictures and google images there should be plenty of room. If you have a really long 5er, the truck shoul fit angled in front or behind at the site.

event.png    

Howdy All,

I am seriously thinking of doing this event, just need to figure out something to do on the way down or back to justify the travel costs, I am sure I'll come up with something to do.

Dave

Dave, there are a lot of desert riding opportunities around the Reno/Sparks area. Bring your bikes and do some exploring before/after or during the Rally.

event.png    

Chad I made our reservations today so I guess we are number 3. See you in June.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Dave, there are a lot of desert riding opportunities around the Reno/Sparks area. Bring your bikes and do some exploring before/after or during the Rally.

Howdy Chad,

I am going to do some research on the area, I am sure I find someplace to play for a few days.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I was thinking about returning home (Los Angeles area) by Highway 1. It has been about 25 years since I drove that highway. I have driven it in a motorcycle, a corvette, a street buggy and a small camper, but NEVER in an HDT (I am 63 feet long).

Has anybody taken their HDT (with trailer) on this highway?

If so, do you know of any places to stay, overnight or camp for a few days?

Is this a dumb idea?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Got the thumbs up from the wife, so I'll see if I can remember to reserve tomorrow.....

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and gals. Might even have a truck on the road by then!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Scott and Chad:

Thanks for your efforts. I know that you are putting in a lot of time and effort on this project.

I volunteer to make my world famous (?? :) ) dutch oven chili. The chili is cooked in a dutch oven, over a wood fire (actually the coals after the fire burns down) and simmers for hours.

People will just need to come by my camp, bring a chair, a bowl, a spoon and the drink of their choice.

Jim

Scott and Chad:

Thanks for your efforts. I know that you are putting in a lot of time and effort on this project.

I volunteer to make my world famous (?? :) ) dutch oven chili. The chili is cooked in a dutch oven, over a wood fire (actually the coals after the fire burns down) and simmers for hours.

People will just need to come by my camp, bring a chair, a bowl, a spoon and the drink of their choice.

Jim

Howdy Jim,

Well......................I like Chili, I just might have to make this trip after all. :D Is there a limit on bowl size, do you provide asbestos TP? ;)

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave:

It would be good to talk with you again. Hope you can make it!

No limit on how much you eat. The dutch oven is huge. Eat all you want, B U T, I may ask that you sign a medical waiver. I don't want to get stuck with your ER hospital bill. :rolleyes:

I was raised by an Italian mom. If you did not go back for seconds, her feelings were hurt because she thought you did not like her cooking!

Jim

Archived