Get $50 Off Your DISH Bill (maybe)

I called and talked to a rep and they took $5 off our bill for 6 months.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Interesting effect. People go to the website to get a $50 credit and then will complain about the cost of satellite TV getting more expensive.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I just left feedback so I will see if it works. Thanks Zulu.

If Dish Network is willing to give me a credit for an honest feedback (I did not give a totally positive feedback) then I will take it. Many companies offer incentives to obtain feedback. Many times this is the only way they get the feedback. I do not believe these type of incentives affect the overall cost of satellite programming.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Well I gave the feedback and gave my account number and all. I got a thank you for your feedback. Doubt anything will show up on my bill.

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Guest Pensauncola

My understanding is that if you complain about Dish not showing Fox News, you get a discount or credit. If you encourage Dish to continue and fight the providers' rate increases, you get a "thank you for your feedback" message.

It happens every time Dish is in dispute with a major provider. People complain, people get $5 off for six months or something similar. Everybody else just pays for it.

I would complain about the loss of Fox News, but I've never watched it and that would be hypocritical. Same with CNN. I have limited hours left on this earth, ain't going to share it with some talking head on the boob tube (especially when John Wayne is on the other channel).

My understanding is that if you complain about Dish not showing Fox News, you get a discount or credit. If you encourage Dish to continue and fight the providers' rate increases, you get a "thank you for your feedback" message.

I had just the opposite experience with DISH. Maybe you're talking about Fox's link.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Well now I'm seeing this there:

We are pleased to announce that DISH and Fox have agreed to the major terms of a new long term agreement that will restore Fox News and Fox Business to our customers. We are working with Fox on a few contractual details but we are optimistic that these channels will be restored very quickly.

We know these negotiations were frustrating and we cannot thank you enough for remaining patient as we work to finalize this agreement. We were very appreciative of all the comments, emails and phone calls we received from our customers that were very supportive of our stance to fight for fair rates and terms. But we also appreciated the feedback that was critical of our decisions. These comments to DISH and to Fox ultimately brought our respective teams together in a spirit of compromise so that our mutual customers would no longer be impacted.
Again, thank you very much for standing by us during this time. With this new agreement, you will be able to enjoy Fox News and Fox Business for many years to come.
We sincerely thank you for your patience and for being a valued DISH customer.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I hope my comment got read last night! That means $50 in more truck parts! :rolleyes:

Hope you score. If you do, you'll get an email like this . . .

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding Fox on DISHStandsForYou.com.

We know what you really want is to get your FOX programming back and we appreciate your patience during this process. As a small token of our appreciation, we have applied a one-time credit of $50 to your account. ¹

Sincerely,

DISH

¹Non-transferable. Credit only valid for customer listed at this email address. Must be subscriber at time credit is applied. No cash value if account is cancelled prior to credit issuance.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

As of 6:15 CST Fox is back on Dish Network

Well I guess the sky isn't falling after all, glade it's back and I hope for my pocket book they got a good deal.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly your glass is 1/2 empty.

They raised their rates $5.00 a month on the first of Jan.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Dish and Direct both have annual price increases due in part to the retransmission contracts they've negotiated that also call for annual price increases. Throw in a bit of inflation affecting other costs, and the only question each year is how much will the increase be.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived