electric brake controller wiring advise

lockmup68

Being that the truck is a 2L conversion I am betting they used a Hoppy adapter to convert the truck lights/signals to the trailer.

Wayland did not use any converter on the Freightliners. I don't know about the International.

You will probably find a junction box at the back of the bed with all the wires routed out to the tail, marker, and 6/7-way plugs.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Wayland did not use any converter on the Freightliners. I don't know about the International.

You will probably find a junction box at the back of the bed with all the wires routed out to the tail, marker, and 6/7-way plugs.

Thanks. I haven't found any converter anywhere yet. But Waylan does love butt connectors and zip ties I'm discovering.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Make sure that they did not pick up the blinker wire to power the controller instead of the cold side of the brake. I picked up the wrong wire the first time and my brakes would apply when going up a hill or during gear changes. It did not take me long to fix this as I stopped at the first exit and broke out my tools.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Archived