Deer totaled my Smart today

GlennWest

Drove Freightliner to work today. Didn't go over well. Told me not to bring it back in there

Some kinda' union rule?

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

GH, There are lots of vinyl products out there so there's a good chance something close can be found. It's like cutting the lawn go one way and it is one color reverse the path and it's different.

Anyway, mine is predominantly red with a black safety cage. Red is being changed to white and the black cage is going to be red with some reversals in some areas inside and out.

Looks like you came under the muffler. Sean said the pull point as he was going to make it was midway up the rear bumper so it looks close to your 13". I'm a little concerned about leverage. I'm told were using grade 12 bolts or something close and the bolts will go right thru with nuts on the back.

Tomorrow the touch screen radio with Garmin GPS, Sirius radio, hands free phone and backup camera go in. All one unit.

Dash cam is in the works for both the truck and car.

GH, There are lots of vinyl products out there so there's a good chance something close can be found. It's like cutting the lawn go one way and it is one color reverse the path and it's different.

Anyway, mine is predominantly red with a black safety cage. Red is being changed to white and the black cage is going to be red with some reversals in some areas inside and out.

Looks like you came under the muffler. Sean said the pull point as he was going to make it was midway up the rear bumper so it looks close to your 13". I'm a little concerned about leverage. I'm told were using grade 12 bolts or something close and the bolts will go right thru with nuts on the back.

Tomorrow the touch screen radio with Garmin GPS, Sirius radio, hands free phone and backup camera go in. All one unit.

Dash cam is in the works for both the truck and car.

Roger,

No worries about the load on the moment arm of the hitch. The bottom bar is 1/2"x2 1/2" bar stock with a 1 1/2" bar channel as a stiffener on the bottom and the 3 sided bolt boxes on the end are from 3/8"x2" bar stock. (3) grade 10.9 bolts in each end holds it in place. Remember that you are pulling a value of less than 1,000 pounds due to the ramp angles. Mine is WAY overbuilt for what is required. I thought that ground clearance was going to be an issue but the hitch is just a little lower than the exhaust and with the location being that close to the axle centerline, so far it has not been an issue at all.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Big first step getting out of the car halfway up the ramp.

I use a plastic load protector on the corner to prevent wear on the deck or Kevlar cable. Out of curiosity I'll back a foot up the ramp and see how much higher the cable needs to be at the pull point to miss the deck.

Current pull point is correct vertically but off a couple of inches laterally. With the car being wider and the rt side of the car staying pretty much where it is in relation to the fairings the drivers side will be further to the rear of the truck. The new pull point will be several inches off center laterally.

Will be loading new Smart Saturday from a raised bank in the RV park to work out new chock positions and tie down locations. Wrapping and trick radio should be done by then. This will be one trick pony when done.

Glenn a cruise control is $500 and it is pretty easy to install.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Got it last night. Left work early. It is black and silver. Black interior. Had stated I would never own a black car. Ate those words. This was their demo. Had 1900 miles. Never titled. Got nice radio, JVC with amp. Power is nice. Truck area seems smaller. Does have a divider in there. May take that out. Tranission is a pleasant change. Kept expecting a pause between shifts. Rides is much improved. Has alloy wheels and Continental tires.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

You can change the exterior color. I am, I said I would never own another red vehicle.

Where your old one was white and black, my new one is being switched from red and black to white body and red safety cage. Grill is being painted red and the top half of the mirror is switching over to red.

The plastic rings and other interior plastic removable parts are coming off and being painted red to break up the oppressive black interior.

There is a kit to re upholster the seats. They are being switched to red perimeter with off white inserts. Parts of the door panel is being re-done in red.

The new one you have is a quantum leap ahead of the Diesel or Gen 1 Smart.

A case of beer? And you didn't share? I woulda watched if I had known there was beer. I woulda cheered you on for a Dr. Pepper.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil,

I believe that you were in La. with Jay and Jim at the time I was installing the cruises. I was wishing you were there because Ian needed walking (and the rig needed greasing).

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived