National HDT Rally

sdixon747

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrea and I had an AMAZING time at the rally! We just made reservations for the East Coast Rally and are looking forward to making new friends and hopefully meeting up with folks we met last week. :)

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

It was good to connect with old friends and make new "friends".

Kechup was misbehaving to I left him home.

DSC_0275.jpg

He promised "to be good" to be taken to the next Rally.

Steve and Gail did an amazing job as usual. Also, we want to acknowledge all the volunteers who helped Steve and Gail and made this Rally probably the biggest and best ever.

a large shout out to Gail and Steve for all the hard work, and to my new friends, I so sorry for being me <_<

15/16" crow foot socket with a 3/8 drive to install a hitch. Tool about as rare as lips on a chicken. And to have a need for one in the evening and have one available (on a loan) next morning. That only happens at the Hutchinson HDT Rally.

Q great big THANKS to Steve, Gail and the volunteers for a GREAT Rally.Judy and I plan to attend next year.ShortyO

It was good to connect with old friends and make new "friends".

Steve and Gail did an amazing job as usual. Also, we want to acknowledge all the volunteers who helped Steve and Gail and made this Rally probably the biggest and best ever.

Steve and Gail made it look easy!! This was a huge job and for us newbies it was fantastic! For the presenters and volunteers a huge thank you as well!! I am much farther along on my learning journey thanks to all of you!

Kevin

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Awesome rally. So much to see, do and learn. As usual Steve & Gail did a exceptional job. Many thanks to everybody who also helped them. The rally would not be such a success without everybody that selflessly give their time and energy in to making it all happen.

Already back home and back to the grind. Have next years Rally penciled in on the calendar. Same for ECR. Need to remember to call and reserve a spot.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Thanks to the person that found my key to my Peterbuilt and left it in the front of the room on the table. It's for my work truck. I do have another one but it was nice to get it back.

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

Didn't happen as far as I know. The guy that initiated the outing came into the rally a couple of days late. I suspect his plans took a turn and he couldn't put it together.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Thanks to Steve and Gail for another great rally. See you next year.

Brad and Jacolyn

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Didn't happen as far as I know. The guy that initiated the outing came into the rally a couple of days late. I suspect his plans took a turn and he couldn't put it together.

Todd

ok thanks was just curious

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

It did happen. The inaugural running of the HDT go cart race was Last week. Will post photos when I get into work today.

Roger (Hewhoknowslittle) came in first this year.

Now I'm really bummed I didn't make it...

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Gregg took us on a Baja cross country slalom drive in "Vic" the 780. We raced between the campground water hookups with room to spare. After that excitement we took a rain check on go carts.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

It did happen. The inaugural running of the HDT go cart race was Last week. Will post photos when I get into work today.

Roger (Hewhoknowslittle) came in first this year.

I got lucky, as two laps to go I blew a left front tire, sparks everywhere, new cart had cold tires, I had to run wide to finish first, but next year we will set it up with more advanced notice, we just threw this one together.

Xtreme Racing in Wichita was the track, you can google them to find out more.

We did the super grand prix, that is 4 total races for about 61.00.

Yes it is soo much fun.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

I got lucky, as two laps to go I blew a left front tire, sparks everywhere, new cart had cold tires, I had to run wide to finish first, but next year we will set it up with more advanced notice, we just threw this one together.

Xtreme Racing in Wichita was the track, you can google them to find out more.

We did the super grand prix, that is 4 total races for about 61.00.

Yes it is soo much fun.

Roger

I visited an Xtreme Racing in South Florida. Looked like fun but I was there alone and not many were running at the time. There is a place near Knoxville, Iowa called "Slideways" that has "Sprint Car" like go carts. It's a small oval track that has some slippery stuff in the corners to make you slide if you get to going too fast the toss little talcum powder out and then you really start sliding. It's around $8 a race.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Sign me up for next years outing. Looking forward to it now. Edit by wife: he's been watching Nascar for years and now he really wants a chance to play like he is one of those drivers! Maybe some of the RDBE group would want to race too...

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Sign me up for next years outing. Looking forward to it now. Edit by wife: he's been watching Nascar for years and now he really wants a chance to play like he is one of those drivers! Maybe some of the RDBE group would want to race too...

The gals were there too Sondra and Jen were sliding and crashing with the best of them in the main.

Vicki, Diane and Teresa had fun at a little slower pace with fewer cars

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived