Replacement stair treads for indoor stairs

s106300

We have a DRV 2016 Elite Suites RSSA with two indoor stairs - I am looking for replacements for the carpet stair treads So far I have not found much on line. Any recommended sources?

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

To replace the steps themselves, look for a decent cabinet shop. They should be able to make new treads themselves, or if just needing carpet replaced, a small flooring store might do it for you. I'm not familiar with the floor plan but does a slide retract over the steps or?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Jim, those are just loose carpet pieces with binding on the edges.

R & S, if you want them to match your existing carpet, call DRV, if they don't have to match, any competent carpet store can cut and bind them from a small piece of end of the roll carpet.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Just the carpet treads need replacing - we had a clogged toilet (human error, don't ask) and while the repair guy was carrying out the toilet he spilled sewer water all over the carpets. They were showing the wear anyway, so I decided to replace them. Guess I will have to call DRV. Strange that no one seems to make them for RVs in anything that will work for us. Carpet treads in our unit are 8"D by 25" wide. No David - the stairs are always accessible, even when slides are in.

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

Ron, just trace the shape you want. Like GH said, any good carpet shop can bind the edges for you. They can also add no slip stuff to the back side for you. Most carpet shops have some remnants you can buy cheap. Pick your color, trace the original shape on the back and in a few days you will have exactly what you want.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Try removing the carpet pieces and it will then become obvious how to reinstall the new ones. We also just bought a carpet remnant from Home Depot/Lowe's that had the binding already sewn on. We traced out the carpet pieces and re-stapled them back in place. Easy job.

Greg

Archived