Tire valve extension for inner wheels of Dually.

Carol2c

Hi everyone,

We are looking to put tire valve extensions on the inner wheels of our F350 Dually so checking the air pressure will be easier. We have googled the options and are not any the wiser for which extensions are good for the F truck. Does anyone else have extensions on their inner dual wheels and if so which ones are you using?

Thank you for your assistance

Carol

Took them off our MH after losing pressure repeatedly. The tire installer where we got our new front tires took me around all the 18 wheelers and showed me that NONE of them used valve extenders because they are so unreliable. Bought a "Pull" type tire pressure gauge and tire inflator, took the extenders off and we've never had a problem since.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

I bought solid steel/brass? extensions from an RV dealer in the length I figured out I needed, and then added rubber stabilizers in the hole in the outside wheel to keep them from flexing when the wheel is turnning. The first ones I bought from a truck place did not work ...the cores were apparently too short to be triggered by my TPMS or a pressure gauge. Mine are on Accuride aluminum wheels on a diesel motorhome, but the same might work for you.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

I used extenders on the inside duallys as they are a pain I the butt to access. After a couple months one leaked causing a flat. I tried Cat's Eyes but their weight caused a vibration. What works best

for us (on both the 2007 and 2104 F350) is to rotate the outside wheel 180 degrees and access the

inside stock valve stem through the outside wheel access hole with a long air chuck with a 45 degree

end on it. If I can't reach it my wife can with her smaller hands. I have Pressure Pro sensors also

so I don't have to access the tires very often. I also have a long pressure gauge.

Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

On our first class A, we had them the entire time with no problems at all. We used the stainless steel braided ones and they were installed using a thread sealant to make sure that they didn't loosen. On our fulltime class A we started out with the same type of extenders on the dual wheels and also had the solid steel tube type extensions on the front to give better access to them. When I had the tires replaced on our second class A, the tire shop installed truck valve stems that were longer and could be bent to the proper shape to access them easily for pressure checks. While those are the preferred way, By keeping a close eye on my valve extensions, I never experienced any problems with mine in more than 16 years of use.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Had the solid extenders on our inside duallys when we purchased the truck. I check my air pressure quite often while on the road and discovered that the inners were leaking air. I went to a truck tire dealer to ask and they advised that the braided extenders were the worst offenders and the solid extenders were lasting about a year before needing to replace on the big rigs. Apparently it has to do with the rubber O-ring degrading. We decided to just bite the bullet and crawl under the bed to check the pressure and inflate and haven't had a problem since.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Strange we picked up the long metal extenders from wall mart and have had them on two F-350's since 2005 with not a problem.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I put crossfires on all my dual wheels before heading South Last fall. Sure is nice to just walk by and see if the tires are in range. I still put the infrared thermometer to them at every stop, but don't have to put a guage on them anymore.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

X 3 on the crossfires.

Used to run a similar device on the 10 wheel cabover, and they will pay for themselves in the miles that you get out of just one set of tires.

One word of caution.... be sure to install steel valve stems and not the rubber that most tire shops put in.

Archived