Insurence canceld!

runaway parents

My "commercial" policy is cheaper than the coverage we had on our Class A and offers higher limits.

The truck is insured on its own. The 5er has its on policy. We can do anything with the HDT we please, except use it for commercial reasons. they added a clause to the "commercial" policy to exclude commercial use. Its an interesting policy to read. the underwritter knew our use, but had no other box to put us in due to the size of the truck. they said if it was an F550 it would have to be on the same policy as our hdt.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

It seems policies are different state to state. When we bought our truck I just added it to our existing commercial policy, then dropped it after the conversion to MH was complete. The cost for commercial was about double the MH policy in Indiana.

Did I waste a few dollars? Perhaps. But I had proof of insurance when I drove it home, and only kept the commercial policy on for about a month.

So, I have to wonder how long until Dolly Trolly's prediction of having us all lumped into commercial status might come true? We are a rather small pool.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

State Farm $1,200 and a little change. With monthly payments of $101.00 Miller $1,081 a year with paid in full discount. This for truck and trailer.

About the same quotes I received from both.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

It seems policies are different state to state. When we bought our truck I just added it to our existing commercial policy, then dropped it after the conversion to MH was complete. The cost for commercial was about double the MH policy in Indiana.

Did I waste a few dollars? Perhaps. But I had proof of insurance when I drove it home, and only kept the commercial policy on for about a month.

So, I have to wonder how long until Dolly Trolly's prediction of having us all lumped into commercial status might come true? We are a rather small pool.

Funny you mention my handle on the subject of underwriting.....

Back in the Stone Age I used to become involved in high risk testing at times and sometimes the testing had involved fatal previous tests so these projects were not looked on as a desirable client at all. I became involved with private-treaty coverage and sometimes worked direct with a couple of underwriters but these types of coverage is way beyond anything what we need or desire for our trucks / RVs .

Recently I made a casual call to one of the underwriters and ask if he would make a few looks into the current HDT RV insurance market. Casual is the key word here.....I don't want to get wrapped around the axle with sticking my nose too far into insurance back room matters BUT it might be nice to find out about the near past and current trends that may have contributed to some carriers exiting the HDT RV markets......

So far I have heard back regarding some risk factors that have come to light recently but will await some more info before anything starts to paint a picture of some underwriting factors that may be of concern.

I'll keep my ears open and await more info....

Drive on.........(big word.......underwriting)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived