El Paso Loop 375

SWharton

• 1 month later...

It sure wasn't finished when we came that route last October. I think it would have been nerve racking had we been in our WB Journey that we have been driving for 16 years, but to be in our new (to us) 42 foot Scepter -- an old pilot phrase comes to mind: "you couldn'a driven a needle up my but with a sledge hammer," I was puckered so tight. :D

It sure wasn't finished when we came that route last October. I think it would have been nerve racking had we been in our WB Journey that we have been driving for 16 years, but to be in our new (to us) 42 foot Scepter -- an old pilot phrase comes to mind: "you couldn'a driven a needle up my but with a sledge hammer," I was puckered so tight. :D

You haven't driven on a lot of mountain passes out in the west? Not sure what people find so daunting about this route?

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I think the concern of I-10 through El Paso is way over rated. I've driven through there a dozen times and don't ever remember any traffic issues. The West bound sun issue is only for 1/2 hour and easily avoided if it's a big concern. If you want traffic challenges, try making truck deliveries in downtown DC or NYC. Any traffic jam shouldn't be a concern unless you are under a time constraint, not typical for a average retiree.

Greg

Archived