El Paso Loop 375

SWharton

Drove it last winter. They were finishing the last bit at the Highway 54 interchange. But then I don't think it is any faster than just getting in the middle lane on I-10 and going through El Paso. Just don't do it morning or evening rush hr.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

So do you take Transmountain over from the NE to the W or do you go N to 404 and across?

Born and raised in ELP but haven't lived there for almost 40 years but we have family in Cruces and have always taken I-10.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

I'm not sure I understand your original question... I thought you asked about 375 which is Transmountain. That's the way we always go. Now you're saying you won't drive Transmountain.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

It is not the elevation it is the grade that is so bad on the Transmountain. It is a good test of your climbing ability and braking. One test was enough for us. Looks good on paper.

I looked up the grade in Mountain Directory: 6% for 6 miles from the west; 7% for 4 miles from the east; side note in directory "extremely steep on both sides near the summit"

That's why I asked the question, we used to ride dirt bikes up there and they built Transmountain on the side of the mountain with huge grades on both sides and I didn't think I'd like towing a 5th wheel over it.

If you use 404 it's through a valley and it's only about a 500' difference compared to a 1500' on Transmountain.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

If that short up and down is bothersome, how does everyone get over the numerous passes in the west?

If the goal is just to get through El Paso, then taking 3255/213 north off of Loop 375 to 404 is both easier and quicker than going over the mountain. And, when you get back on IH10, you're out of all the El Paso traffic.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Why go over the pass when there are 2 easy ways around it? Probably takes a lot longer to climb the pass than any of the routes around it. Original question wasn't about the pass, thread morphed. Original question was whether the intersection was finally finished at 375/I10.

I have not been through there recently but for what it is worth, Google maps is usually very good at showing road construction areas, and they do not show anything that intersection. However, the Texas Road Conditions site shows construction on 375 between I-10 and US-62. My thinking based on the Google map is that you will not run into construction at the intersection in question.

My two cents.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

We just went on Loop 375 last week and had no problems what so ever. There was one section where they were pouring concrete in the center of the highway, but it did not so us down. We were able to go 65 mph the whole way from I-10 on the east side to the west side with no slow downs. This is one way that I would highly recommend going through El Paso.

Should you decide to take I10 through El Paso, I recommend that you not do it at about sundown. There are places, right in the middle of much traffic, where the sun is low enough to shine directly in your eyes. Not a good experience in my opinion.

Catfish

'08 Chebbie K3500; '07 Teton Sunrise Experience;
Native Texan/Transplanted Tarheel; Retired USMC

​LDO

Did this route on the way to Quartzsite this year and will never drive thru the El Paso mess again in either direction. Don't care whether it is rush hour or not, I-10 is not fun thru EP.

We also used I-8 to Gila Bend then 85N to I-10 to avoid the Phoenix mess as well...smooth!

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 Honda Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10 - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A Lithium batteries, Victron Multiplus 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70 Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

Archived