New TPMS

dewilso

My Pressure Pro is ~5yrs old and about needing replacement sensors. The price of 10 sensors will be ~ $400, for about the same price I can get a replacement system. The question, is do I get another PP, or another brand? One thing I want to keep is the ability to check pressures without moving. One thing I want to add is ability to replace batteries. Your suggestions or recommendations?

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

We went 7.5 years before we preemptively changed the sensors for our PressurePro system. We used 18 sensors which put most of the alternative systems out of the game.

We never wanted to change batteries. Getting replacement sensors meant newer technology like the significantly improved seals as well as new batteries. And replaceable batteries means O-rings susceptible to damage.

We preferred the LED display over the LCD and the fact that we could direct wire the monitor,no concerns about the batteries being charged.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We've been very pleased with our 10 sensor TST 507 system. I hardwired the monitor using the supplied harness, and replacing the batteries for less than $1/battery is a simple process. The TST monitor displays the most current pressure and temperature readings at any time whether the vehicle is in motion or not.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I switched from PP to TST. Mainly because of sensor issues with the "new" sensors. No regrets.The TST works more reliably, at least in my situation.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I have the 507 system (or is it the 510, whichever one is the replaceable batteries) been used at least 100k miles/5 years and the sensors and the receiver are still going strong. I've replaced the batteries several times, and I actually only operate the receiver on battery power (just recharge when needed). The receiver battery still will last at least 2-3 days of solid driving 8 hrs a day before needing a recharge. I did install the repeater in the front of the rig.

Went to TST after 7 yrs with PP. I like the 507 syst with replacement batteries. Repeater is recommended with most big rigs.

PP is a great syst too. Cost initially and sensor replacement when batts die make the TST a better value. Also temp indication on the TST is nice feature.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

My Pressure Pro is ~5yrs old and about needing replacement sensors. The price of 10 sensors will be ~ $400, for about the same price I can get a replacement system. The question, is do I get another PP, or another brand? One thing I want to keep is the ability to check pressures without moving. One thing I want to add is ability to replace batteries. Your suggestions or recommendations?

We were faced with the same situation a couple of years ago we had a 7 year old PP system that needed new sensors. We purchased the TST system at a RV show for less than the PP sensor replacement and got a upgraded system .Our PP system batteries lasted 7 years so we did not worry about replaceable batteries. You can check pressure by just activating the system in place. The PP system served us well as is the TST system. It was just a matter of cost.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I replaced my Pressure Pro sensors when they were 9 years 6 months old, That was 2 years ago. at that time the 10 replacements were $368

Today 10 replacements are $398.50 In 8 years I will probably still replace with PP again. But I only use them 5 months a year and never had a problem with them.

A new 10 sensor 507 TST Flow Thur system is $559 plus $50 for a year extended warranty. Plus changing the batteries once a year.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Have two RVs, a Class A & B+. Started with PP in January 2006 and had some sensors fail at 3-4 years, on the Class A. When we bought the B+ in 2012, I equipped it with the PP system that was on the A since several of my 10 sensors were failing again. I switched the Class A & our Sport Trac toad to TST507, worked great. When the PP on the B+ failed to less than 6 sensors I replaced them with a 10 sensor (setting up a Miata as a toad) TST507 system also. I have one range extender and extra monitors for each of our toads, which works great when unhooked from the motorhomes. Yes I have had to change a batteries since 2012, I'm on my second set of 20 - Energizer CR1632 that I order from Amazon for around $15 for 20 which is less than 1/2 the price of 1 PP sensor. I like the temperature function on the TST507 also

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

I replaced my Pressure Pro sensors when they were 9 years 6 months old, That was 2 years ago. at that time the 10 replacements were $368

Today 10 replacements are $398.50 In 8 years I will probably still replace with PP again. But I only use them 5 months a year and never had a problem with them.

A new 10 sensor 507 TST Flow Thur system is $559 plus $50 for a year extended warranty. Plus changing the batteries once a year.

I don't know where you're shopping, but here, a 10 sensor system with 3 yr warranty is $475.

http://www.infotechrvsolutions.com/TPMS.html

Archived