AT&T offering home phone & internet rural plan 250 gbs $60 & 500 gbs for $100 a month.

chiefneon

Howdy!

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/atts-wireless-home-phone-internet-rural-plan-250gb-for-60month/

I found this on Facebook last night and called AT&T (888-333-6651) this morning about it. I asked if this plan was offered to me and advised them I was a fulltime RVer (had to explain that to them) gave them my Escapees address in Livingston, tx. They looked it up and advised the plan was offered to me. I signed up for the 250gb plan and was advised I could switch to the 500 at anytime if I wanted to. We are AT&T customers so already. I added the 250gb plan the our account with a two years contract no charge for the device or activation and with my wife is a AT&T retiree And receives a 50% discount, it only cost us $30.00 a month for 250gbs. So if your using Escapees mail address this should work for you short of the employee discount.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in the verizon unlimited thread as well, but here goes.

I just called AT&T about this Rural Data plan. The CSR I spoke with was able to find it quickly, but unfortunately my address in CA did not qualify. I live in a very rural county in a rural area in Northern CA, but no luck. The CSR indicated this plan was rolling out and may eventually make it to my area. I'm not holding my breath, but I will try back again later.

I currently have AT&T home and internet service and AT&T wireless. I was hoping I could get this AT&T rural plan for my home and switch my cell service to the Verizon unlimited plan and get the best of both worlds while we travel.

Apparently its not in the cards for now.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Why not compare prices if you "move" to 100 Rainbow Dr. :)

Newt

Unfortunately I am still a working stiff and can't change my address out of state for now.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Just try again. We have many readers reporting in success using addresses all over the country.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I went to the AT&T store in Lufkin today, wish I had seen this earlier, thanks Gary !

I went to ask about a plan to use in Canada, had 4 guys waiting on me, thought I was gonna have to explain where & what Canada was !

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

You don't have to. Just something to give AT&T.

They are going to run a credit check using that address. If you don't have a credit file for that zip code the sale won't go through. Plus they wanted a State ID (drivers license) that supported residency.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I went to the AT&T store in Lufkin today, wish I had seen this earlier, thanks Gary !

I went to ask about a plan to use in Canada, had 4 guys waiting on me, thought I was gonna have to explain where & what Canada was !

Howdy!

Dave, I thought you folks were gone. It's never a surprise to me when I go into someplace and I know more about their product or service than they do. We had the same problem a few years ago when we were about to cross into the Canadian maritimes in Maine. Everyone I spoke to on the phone with CS or in a store had a different answer to my questions and that was Verizon.

I'll let you know how this works out, I have high hopes for it.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

My AT&T Home Base package arrived at our upstate NY billing/mail forwarding address yesterday by FEDEX, and today it's on the way to us here in FL for Saturday delivery. I opted for the 250GB $60/mo plan and 2 year contract. It would have been here by now if AT&T had accepted our FL shipping address on the initial order, but I think the delay is worth it to still get the plan.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I've been setup and working since yesterday with mine in my S&B home. I worked all day today off of it for my job with no issues. I've done several speed tests and usually average between 10-12mb/s down and about 12-14 mb/s up. I'm having no issues and glad it's working well. Snaggnig this plan was a huge refief for internet on the road and with our cell phones now on the Verizon unlimited plan and a backup Tmobile 6GB simple choice plan, we are pretty well covered.

I'm keeping my cable internet for now and just using the AT&T rural for work to get an idea what kind of usage I use during the month.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I'm waiting to see how well the AT&T Z700A Home Base service works as we travel around for awhile before deciding what plans to drop. I'm hoping I can drop my VZW 20GB/$100 plan either down to the minimum or drop it completely. I'll keep my VZW unlimited 3G plan though. At $5/mo it's well worth keeping around as a back up anyway.

Dutch

Ours should be on the way to our next campground, hope to get it over the weekend.

From reading two or three other forums, I've picked up a few bits of info, want to see if this is what those of you that have the unit are seeing too.

>2.4 only, no 5.8

>Has ethernet connection. So those with 5.8 wifi routers could hard wire to obtain 5.8. (Like the WiFiRanger)

>No 12V

>No external antenna port that I can see (And as luck would have it, I'll place this in my electronic cabinet, ~18' away from my internal antenna from my Maximum Signal cellular amp:)!)

>I was not told this, and the same for a few other posters, but before you can get out to the internet, you have to go thru a T&C and agree to it. (Will call back ATT when I get our unit, and ask how to do this.)

>If outside of the home area for the unit. The device is subject to de-priotization, as opposed to throttling, if their is Tower Contention. (I've seen this reported to be factual on some boards, and as 'possible' on other boards - I think it depended upon the knowledge of the person at ATT being asked. And of course, time will tell.)

All and all, at the price, it is another great tool to have in your 'connecting to data' tool's arsenal:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Ours should be on the way to our next campground, hope to get it over the weekend.

From reading two or three other forums, I've picked up a few bits of info, want to see if this is what those of you that have the unit are seeing too.

>2.4 only, no 5.8

>Has ethernet connection. So those with 5.8 wifi routers could hard wire to obtain 5.8. (Like the WiFiRanger)

>No 12V

>No external antenna port that I can see (And as luck would have it, I'll place this in my electronic cabinet, ~18' away from my internal antenna from my Maximum Signal cellular amp:)!)

>I was not told this, and the same for a few other posters, but before you can get out to the internet, you have to go thru a T&C and agree to it. (Will call back ATT when I get our unit, and ask how to do this.)

>If outside of the home area for the unit. The device is subject to de-priotization, as opposed to throttling, if their is Tower Contention. (I've seen this reported to be factual on some boards, and as 'possible' on other boards - I think it depended upon the knowledge of the person at ATT being asked. And of course, time will tell.)

All and all, at the price, it is another great tool to have in your 'connecting to data' tool's arsenal:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Smitty, I have mine already and can answer your questions.

• It does only have 2.4ghz built in, but yes it does have an ethernet port so you could tie into a router with 5ghz band. I currently have mine hardwired going to a switch and have the wifi turned off as I'm still in a S&B home with home internet. I'm only using this router for my two work PC's at the moment.
  • It only comes with a 110v adapter, but the voltage into the device is labeled 5v DC. It would be very easy to swap to a DC power source with no issues. Remember it has a backup battery too.
  • Correct, there is no external antenna port. Interesting enough, there is what looks to be a USB port inside the device under the cover? It's the type A connection like you would see on a PC, but not sure what it is for? There is also a battery and although I haven't tested it, I saw one guy say he drove around with it on battery for 10hrs.
  • When you get the device, you log into it internally through the link http://att.homebase/. There are settings in there including turning on/off the internet. I couldn't turn mine on and had to call in and the reason was I had not accepted the T&C. The CSR saw this right away when I called in. I listened to an automated machine and then pressed 1 to accept. I turned off for 5 mins then restarted and all was good.
  • I am definitely not in one of the targeted areas. I'm in a S&B home south west of Atlanta about 45 mins in a town of about 35k people. I'm very closte to a High School where I would suspect high cell traffic at certain times also close to an elmentary school, but probably less traffic from there. I've done several speed tests with my D/L in the 10-12mb/s and upload in the 10-14mb/s. I have yet to see speeds lower than this over 3 days including running at peak times in the evening. Interesting enough, I just ran a test and got 29mb/s DL and 12mb/s upload. That's the fastest I've seen and was quite surprised to see that. It had been pretty consistent at 10-12 mb/s.

So far I'm very happy with this purchase and although we aren't ready to go full time yet, I decided this was too good of a deal to pass up right now. I'm not sure I'm ready to get rid of my home cable internet just yet just because it's nice not to have to worry about a limit, but with the tools we have now, I think we could and be okay. As I said, i'm using this router strictly as my work connection as that's my main goal once I get on the road to still be able to work.

A few more things. This device of course comes with it's own phone number and voicemail. It can also receive text messages to the device. I've used the phone line and it works pretty good although my old phone equimpment I dug out needs help. :D I spend a lot of time on conference calls and it actually might be nice to have a dedicated line instead of always relying on my cell phone, although really this is just cellular to a standard phone.

I just looked through the manual and can't find anything on the port under the cover?

No I just called from my cell phone, no issue.

That's good then, I don't have a conventional phone on board. And add my thanks to Smitty's for the real world experience info!

Dutch

With all due respect to the previous posters, there is no reason to make a T&C call; everything can be done online (assuming you have online access without the AT&T device.)

I already had my new AT&T account setup and all I did when I received mine this morning was go to the account online and clicked on "Activate Device". This then took me to a screen which asked me to verify the device's ESN. After that I clicked on ACCEPT and was told to wait a few minutes before turning the device on. When I did turn it on, it connected immediately.

At present I haven't been able to get AT&T device to connect to my WiFiRanger via Ethernet, but I'm connected via wifi without any issues. My Ranger is quite content providing both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz to my internet network which is no different than I've always done with my Galaxy S7, so nothing is different.

So far the speedtests I've run have been in the ~4-14 Mbps range for download and 0.5-4Gbps for upload. Not incredibly fast but it appears to be quite stable and it is more than adequate to stream Netflix.

Both of my Verizon phones have now been changed to the new unlimited plan with a total cost reduction of ~$110/mo even despite the fact that employee discounts aren't permitted on the this plan. So even with the addition of the ~$60 AT&T rural 250GB plan I'm still ahead each month and now I have service with both AT&T and Verizon.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

With all due respect to the previous posters, there is no reason to make a T&C call; everything can be done online (assuming you have online access without the AT&T device.)

I already had my new AT&T account setup and all I did when I received mine this morning was go to the account online and clicked on "Activate Device". This then took me to a screen which asked me to verify the device's ESN. After that I clicked on ACCEPT and was told to wait a few minutes before turning the device on. When I did turn it on, it connected immediately.

At present I haven't been able to get AT&T device to connect to my WiFiRanger via Ethernet, but I'm connected via wifi without any issues. My Ranger is quite content providing both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz to my internet network which is no different than I've always done with my Galaxy S7, so nothing is different.

So far the speedtests I've run have been in the ~4-14 Mbps range for download and 0.5-4Gbps for upload. Not incredibly fast but it appears to be quite stable and it is more than adequate to stream Netflix.

Both of my Verizon phones have now been changed to the new unlimited plan with a total cost reduction of ~$110/mo even despite the fact that employee discounts aren't permitted on the this plan. So even with the addition of the ~$60 AT&T rural 250GB plan I'm still ahead each month and now I have service with both AT&T and Verizon.

That's good to know about the T&C. I didn't notice that myself. That should help others.

BTW, I saw someone else have the same issue with ethernet to their Wifi ranger.

Figured out my WiFi Ranger settings, I needed to configure the hot standby and select multi WAN for both Ethernet & my tethered MiFi connections. All good now, incredible speed so far...

Thanks for the T&C info, Joel! I already have my AT&T account setup as well, and my Z700A is on the FEDEX truck for delivery today. I'm looking forward to getting it checked out and online. I haven't decided whether I'll ethernet it to my Cradlepoint MBR95 or Pepwave Surf Mini OTG yet.

Dutch

Archived