Just bought a truck insurance?

Vegas Teacher

Which state? Is South Dakota in the mix? If so, give Jacque a call at Dougherty & Associates: 605-361-6318.

My 2004 Volvo was ~$950/yr through them

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

We just purchased our truck the first of the year, Drove from PA to Iowa in a rental car then turned around and drove the truck back home to PA.

Like you, I was in a dilemma to get insurance...we were not even sure we were going to make the purchase, but I wanted to have something lined up to drive home on just in case!

Nothing but good things to say about Mary from Farm and City Insurance Service (1-800-331-1520) She had me set up that all I had to do was call her on the day we looked at the truck and we told her we purchased it and she had the policy all ready, she took my credit card and e-mailed me my insurance card on the spot! We printed it out and away we went. It is a Progressive policy. She made it super easy for us, and I have never even met her! Guess there is "Something About Mary"

We did the same with Farm and City. They understand what we do with these trucks.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

OK you all have me scared now that I just bought a truck how am I going to get insurance so I can get a temporary moving permit. Going to get it March 10th. Am I screwed?

Teach,

"Grumps" would likely say........."shucks .......of course your "screwed" so what......that larger the truck the more you feel......."used-abused" but that's just just heavy trucking......

Sure insurance might be a problem today but shucks trust me it aint nothin to losing your air pressure in front of the Wynn Hotel at rush hour in Vegas (what ever rush hour is in Vegas)..........your "screwed" but get used to it...........size does matter here and not many insurance underwriters have the desire to issue insurance to a bunch of RV heavy-truck folks that in many cases have little or no experience with heavy trucks........

It's amazing that this itty-bitty insurance heavy RV truck market has ANY underwriters at all......

Having a heavy truck can have some exciting moments.........the trick is to.......not get too excited.......

Drive on..........(Keep BOTH hands steady.......on the wheel)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived