Cheap Propane

kinseypw

With the price of Oil dropping propane has been dropping. We paid 21.50 for a 40 gal tank here at our S&B last week. That included tax. We normally buy at Flying J/Pilot when in Florida or on the road/10 cents a gal off with the RV plus card.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 1 month later...

A place that I had overlooked until recently is Tractor Supply....not exactly built to get your RV back into the pump, but they were cheaper by a dollar/gallon than the local propane supplier....$7 for a 20 lb. bottle. Most local places only want to exchange 20# bottles for $19.95!

Regards

Gemstone

'06 Elite Suites, '08 Softail Classic, '06 Softail Deuce.

For folks in the Tucson area this winter Arizona Propane is matching the lowest price in town which was $1.99 today. The manager said you can check around and if you're on the east side it might save some money. He also has trucks that go to most of the RV parks in Tucson but that price is a little higher but they will fill bottles or motor home tanks on site. The only place his trucks don't go is on the Air Force Base. His match price is at the main service area at 4481 E. Kentucy St just off Irvington.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a "Propane Buddy" app like the "Gas Buddy" one??

BnB

This website has LPG and other alternative fuels. I use it but I find that the data is not as complete or up to date as the data for gasoline on Gas Buddy. It all depends on the area and how actively users support the site by reporting in on price data.

Ron Engelsman

http://www.mytripjournal.com/our_odyssey

Full-Timing since mid 2007

23' Komfort TT

2004 Chevy Avalanche 4x4 8.1L

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We use FJ/ pilot with the RV plus card. Fill is @ 20.00 We use about one tank a month here in Florida depending on how much the furnace runs.. We can deal with that.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 6 months later...

Well back to the world of propane. We are in Kalispell, MT. at the Elks Lodge RV Park. I noticed coming in just down the street Murdocks Ranch and Home Supply put in a propane tank. So I call and ask the price, gal says " $3.49 a pound". So I thank her and chuckle to myself. So I had an empty 30 pounder and when we went out yesterday morning we went to Murdocks and my wife goes in to verify the price again. Gal says "$3.49 a pound". About that time another employee says "no, it is $3.49 a gallon". Wife comes out and told me, again a good chuckle, and I said I guess we go to our usually filling place Northern Propane. At Northern Propane my 6.8 gallon fill was $11.49, would have been $23.73 at Murdock. I'll have to check and see what the price is here at Costco.

From what I have read, the prices may get lower. Too much product on the market until they can clear it out. It might be wise to fill up now.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the US is the world's largest producer of Natural Gas, I'm surprised the prices haven't gotten much lower.

Propane is just a tiny fraction of the mixture in natural gas - most of it is methane.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Considering the US is the world's largest producer of Natural Gas, I'm surprised the prices haven't gotten much lower.

I think it depends on where you live. The gougers in Northern California is still bending us over well over $3 a gallon.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Archived